What Happened to OVC(Ocvaco)?
Feb 22, 2010 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
I may have missed it but wondering what happened to OVC? Don't see any of their stuff for sale anywhere outside of older stuff on Head-Direct. They do have a bunch listed...OCVACO / Earphone/Headphone/Headsets/Bluetooth/HDMI Switcher/HDMI Splitter/HDMI Cable... including some designs I haven't seen before even as rebrands.

I assume they just OEM for others but haven't heard much on that front either. Maybe things changed for whatever reason(financial or otherwise) and don't make anything worthwhile any longer.

Maybe Tai or others can shed some light? Apologies if I just plain missed it.

_

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 4
cool, they made so many earbuds
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 4
Their current top-of-the-line VT1 is rebranded as Kicker's top model (EB141 IIRC) and sell for around $80, but you can find it on eBay for half the price. As far as performance goes, it is more of a bass oriented IEM judging from review I have read and not quite a giant killer for the full price. I was thinking ordering a pair just to try it out but unfortunately those eBay seller who did sell it on half price don't do international shipping and I don't really want to pay more than that
tongue.gif
BTW, their next flagship, the VT2 looks absolutely amazing, though a bit big in size. They did went to CES this year to show off the VT2 and a few other headphones, but it doesn't seem anyone pays attention to them. I guess this partially has to do with the fact that they are moving further away from retail market and more focus on OEM business these days.

Here is the picture of VT2:
cefSBc0s3uHfQ.jpg

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 4
Ah, thanks, ClieOS. I've wondered about OVC as well, especially after getting my hands on the ViSang R03. All of these rarely-mentioned Chinese OEMs can really crank out some quality products for next to nothing.

The VT2 does looks sweet. Wonder if the grilles at the rear are functional...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back