What? Grado In-Ears?
Nov 20, 2009 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Kayito-san

100+ Head-Fier
Grado have in-ears now? I wasn't told! AUUUUUGH.

GR8 & iGi are now out from Grado. I just bought a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900s (still growing on me!), but nonetheless, AUGH. I'm a metalhead, and Grados are regarded as possibly the cusp of metal headphones.

I wish I could snatch up a pair, but... Augh, I only recently bought the Ultrasones (So, <100 burn in time thus far), so that wouldn't be fair.

No fair, Grado, no fair.

Nov 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 15
whats not fair.. if you end up liking the ultrasones there's no reason to get the grados.
or just sell your ultrasones and get the grado

Nov 21, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 15
I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the Ultrasones (on the contrary, I just listened to Beethoven's 9th on vinyl and was totally blown away). I'm saying that I'm not sure whether I want to treat my Ultrasones as portable...

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado in ears aren't that great. Just saying for the price the the GR8s are out-classed by several other IEMs in terms of overall tonal definition, soundstage.. just compare for yourself.

I compared for myself today in a local head fi store and was pleasantly surprised to find just the opposite to be true, at least according to my ears.

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado in ears aren't that great. Just saying for the price the the GR8s are out-classed by several other IEMs in terms of overall tonal definition, soundstage.. just compare for yourself.

Have you auditioned either Grado in-ear phones against several other IEMs? If so, then post some specific comments, because anyone considering the Grados would like to hear about it. If not, better to keep those "aren't that great" comments under wraps. Basic concept on Head-Fi, no? The just compare for yourself part is good advice.

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you auditioned either Grado in-ear phones against several other IEMs? If so, then post some specific comments, because anyone considering the Grados would like to hear about it. If not, better to keep those "aren't that great" comments under wraps. Basic concept on Head-Fi, no? The just compare for yourself part is good advice.

Same stands true in the opposite direction. Statements like "sounds better than IEMs 2x the price" are very vague and of use to noone.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE: I've put about 30 hours on the GR8s (I burn in while listening). I haven't noticed a significant difference yet in the sound. The highs are crystal clear and super smooth, mids upfront, and a precise bass. They don't have that gut wrenching punch that the Grado headphones have, but I find that smoothness actually refreshing while I'm out and about on the weekends after listening to RS1i's all week at home. I wouldn't want to blow my ear drums to bits with little Grado cans shoved in the ear canals. The GR8 is the Grado sound, yet smooth...yeah...refreshing...that's the word for it.

Dongringo, while every comment/opinion is valuable in its own right, please do not multi-post the same thing on every GR8 thread you can find. It is getting annoying, not to mention it is against the forum policy on multi-posting. If you really want to get the message out, just start an appreciation thread of you own. I am sure those who enjoy their GR8 will like that as well. Cheer.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dongringo, while every comment/opinion is valuable in its own right, please do not multi-post the same thing on every GR8 thread you can find. It is getting annoying, not to mention it is against the forum policy on multi-posting. If you really want to get the message out, just start an appreciation thread of you own. I am sure those who enjoy their GR8 will like that as well. Cheer.

I'm sorry, I didn't know the rule and was only thinking that different people read different threads. I know some people read them all, but not everyone. Anyway, thanks for being civil and respectful about letting me know this, unlike some people around here who prefer to chastise me like a child.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #15 of 15
Don't worry too much about. It is a learning process for all of us in the beginning. Head-fi isn't designed to scare newbie away, although it can be difficult to start with. I am sure others mean you no hurt. However, knowing how to post in the right manner is essential to any kind of forum posting - and more importantly, it gives both the poster and the reader an more enjoyable time in the forum. Well, enough for the OT, cheer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back