What got you into Headphones?
Jul 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:
Funny how you mention Counter-Strike, I too was somewhat influenced by the game except it was CS Source that began my journey.

Very cool, mine was with 1.6.

Quote:
I think they sound much better than the beats. bigger sound stage, more realistic sounding mids. Not a as dark as the beats.
Also I wouldn't call the Ae2s overpriced. They sound very nice and are some of the most comfy headphones I've ever tried. Also they are very low profile. The thing I like about bose is that they do all the little things right in my opinion. Just not audiophile sound quality. (in my opinion they make up for it by the general convenience of their headphones)

I've never heard AE2s but I have experience with their noise canceling headphones only.

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:
My reason to go with headphones would be to enjoy music. I was surprised at first how much better sounding my favourite music can be with headphones than my speaker then after that i find head fi and become addicted :frowning2:

I have the same problem when I go back to listening to my computer speakers, right away you notice how speakers of the same or relative price point just can't keep up with the quality you get from similarly priced pair of headphones.  I remember someone telling me you would need to spend almost double the money for a pair of speakers to get the same kind of SQ out of pair of headphones.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #18 of 39
I live within 4 miles of Tyll Hertsens and Headphone.com which made headphone listening a very enjoyable experience.  I went from several pair of Sennheiser EH-xxx headphones to what I have know which is the Denon AH-D2000 / Philips Cityscape Downtown ran through my home rig.  Comparing so many headphones over the years has really given me an open mind as to what sounds really clear, neutral, and fun regardless of price.

I cannot help but thank Tyll for his contribution to the headphone listening experience.

Jul 23, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #19 of 39
I live within 4 miles of Tyll Hertsens and Headphone.com which made headphone listening a very enjoyable experience.  I went from several pair of Sennheiser EH-xxx headphones to what I have know which is the Denon AH-D2000 / Philips Cityscape Downtown ran through my home rig.  Comparing so many headphones over the years has really given me an open mind as to what sounds really clear, neutral, and fun regardless of price.

I cannot help but thank Tyll for his contribution to the headphone listening experience.

We must live somewhat close. I'm about a 2 hour drive from there. That said, I've never met Tyll or been to that headphone store. It is on my list of things to do next time I'm in town. Always nice to meet a fellow Montanan :)

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #20 of 39
well i have been part of the masses that could never understand people that would pay even close to a 100 dollars for a pair of headphones for the longest time. But I decided to give it a chance for almost no reason but the fact that i came across some unsuspecting cash that i decided to buy grado225i. Frankly it made me realize how different headphones can sound and since then have been pursuing obcessively to find the perfect headphones for myself.

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #21 of 39
Late night listening sessions. Mostly desert metal and dubstep. I got tired of listening with these beat jvc headphones and figured better stuff had to be out there.

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #24 of 39
Post about gaming headsets being bad and that something like the AD700 with a separate mic would offer superior sound quality.  I got the AD700 and was blown away coming from listening to cheap logitech& creative 5.1 speakers as well as skull candy iem and apple ear buds all my life.  It was revelation in how good audio could sound this not only started my interest in the "audiophile" headphone world but audio world in general. I hope that when I finally do upgrade from my current headphones and speakers I can experience as large a jump that blows me away but I've read post of people being disappointed with stuff like the HE-400 after coming from "mid-fi" headphones the difference not being as much as they expected especially considering the price. so maybe I'm not planning to spend enough we'll see when the time comes.

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #25 of 39
A drunken narcissistic neighbor who would play music no matter the time at levels that would wake the dead, let alone the living. I spent way too much of my time talking to him about this issue. When he was sober, usually in the day time hours, he would say to call him and just let him know it was too loud and he would turn it down. Needless to say when that happened, most times after midnight, I would call and tell him politely that it was disturbing my household.
I would get the big drunken F-you, mind you own business, from him. So after receiving 3rd party help with the problem, I decided not to give him any reason to have a problem with my music, enter headphones. I really never miss my speakers anymore, I just do not have all the headphones I would like.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #26 of 39
A drunken narcissistic neighbor who would play music no matter the time at levels that would wake the dead, let alone the living. I spent way too much of my time talking to him about this issue. When he was sober, usually in the day time hours, he would say to call him and just let him know it was too loud and he would turn it down. Needless to say when that happened, most times after midnight, I would call and tell him politely that it was disturbing my household.
I would get the big drunken F-you, mind you own business, from him. So after receiving 3rd party help with the problem, I decided not to give him any reason to have a problem with my music, enter headphones. I really never miss my speakers anymore, I just do not have all the headphones I would like.

Not sure I read that correctly. So you were the obnoxious neighbor all along?

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:
Not sure I read that correctly. So you were the obnoxious neighbor all along?

That's pretty much how I read it: "I had a problem with my neighbors music so I switched to headphones so he wouldn't have a problem with my music."

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

But he probably meant he switched to headphones before he became the obnoxious neighbor. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #28 of 39
I have so many questions.
For now, why did you get rid of your speakers lugnut?

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #29 of 39
I got tired of listening to music on crappy gaming headphones (Tritton Ax720's, Turtle Beach, etc...). So I looked for a website that could tell me what heaphones were good in the 250 dollar range, I came across this site. I looked around for about a week and a half until I found the HD 598's, saw that they were easy to drive and well regarded so I bought a pair. I could never be happier they are still my daily headphones, I'm looking to buy another good pair soon, probably Grados because I listen to a lot of metal.

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #30 of 39
My father had two hi-fi systems, but even though he handed down some of the components to me, he didn't like hearing the music I liked played while he was at home. Adding to that he went to bed around 8pm every night just made things more impossible. So the next time we went to the hi-fi store, I asked him to buy me a decent pair of headphones, which ended up being a pair of MB Quart QP55s for AU$175. This was back in the early 90's. 15 years later I was still using them, having moved to Sydney, then Japan, but the ear pads had started to go flat, so I went into an electronics store here to check out what was available. Given the insane variety of choices I joined Head-Fi to get advice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back