What got you into Headphones?
Jul 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #31 of 39
I had always been into good sound, but I was one of the most uneducated people in terms of audio. 
I didn't know in-ear headphones could cost more than like $30. 
I didn't know there were over-ear and on-ear headphones specifically made for mobile music listening.
I didn't even know what Bose was (not like Bose is good or anything)

My first experience with 'good' sound was when I became friends with someone who had a pair of Fanny Wang 2001 headphones, a Klipsch Image One, and a passion against Beats by Dre.

He sold me an Earpollution Mogul (which I loved at the time, but now can't stand whatsoever). I knew I could get better. So I did.
I purchased a pair of Radioshack's Auvio Concert Class Stereo Headphones. I thought they were better. But I knew I could still get better.

Enter Head-Fi.

People here helped me with my choice of the Monoprice 8323. I loved loved them. 

Moar headphone purchase. Audio Technica ATH-M30 (wish these were more known around here. Incredible value)

Christmas came (keep in mind that I'm only 17 haha)

I got a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 and JDS Labs cMoy BB V2.03

And then I became like addicted. Still am. 

Best thing I ever did.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #32 of 39
I always used HI-FI systems/speakers, and needed something more portable to bring when i travel. Started using some cheap Sony earbuds, and then came across sennheiser. My journey started. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #33 of 39
The headphone thing started when I was sharing a room with a group. I love video games, as well as EDM, but I can't listen to them without disturbing them. That's when the hunt for the ideal headphones commenced. From Bose AE to Audio Technica M50 until my heart rested with the V-Moda M100.

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #34 of 39
I remember the exact moment. It was in Art class freshman year of high school. Up until that time the extent of my headphone experience had been iBuds and the Sony MDR-G52. My friend was listening to a song on his iPod and wanted me to hear it. He put them on my head, they were Sony MDR-NC6, and I'd never heard so much bass from a pair of headphones. I didn't even know that noise cancelling headphones existed; my mind was blown.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #35 of 39
On a 100% off topic statement, i was watching futurama and saw this geico commerical come on. The gecko was wearing scaled down M50s... Worth a grin

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7tDc/geico-arrrrrrrr

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:
I remember the exact moment. It was in Art class freshman year of high school. Up until that time the extent of my headphone experience had been iBuds and the Sony MDR-G52. My friend was listening to a song on his iPod and wanted me to hear it. He put them on my head, they were Sony MDR-NC6, and I'd never heard so much bass from a pair of headphones. I didn't even know that noise cancelling headphones existed; my mind was blown.

I love my D600s and looks like you do too.  Thanks for sharing.  Where in VA do you live?

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #37 of 39
I'd rather listen to music than watch TV most of the time but with a wife and kids I didn't get much time with the stereo so one Father's day I decided to buy myself what for me were a pretty expensive pair of headphones. I don't recall the exact model number but they were Sennheiser 4xx somethings that cost $75 via the Army/Air Force Exchange store. I treated them like they cost $750 (which would have been about 1/3 of my monthly salary at the time) and listened to them every chance I could. One of my favourite things to do was just lay on the couch listening to Pink Floyd, Rush, etc.

Since then I've found this place and found out $75 is a mere pittance and that those Sennheisers sounded like they had a blanket over the highs. At the time I had nothing to compare them with but now I know.  

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #38 of 39
I live in an apartment and i dont sleep at night. Speakers are not a great option at the moment.

Jul 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #39 of 39
I was 13 at the time, used all my savings (and my sister helped fund I guess) on a pair of DT770 Pros. Although I wasn't satisfied with them at first they sort of opened my eyes into quality audio reproduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back