What gear do you have laying around that's not getting used?
Sep 5, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #16 of 54
All open-back headphones and also wired IEMs, including the HD6XX, ER2SE, etc. After discovering a near-field setup, the listening volume output was less than I imagined. In short, I found out that I didn't disturb anyone in my household, and the sound was better. Also, discovering earbuds being more comfortable replaced all my lightweight open backs for the few times I went wired. TWS replaced any existing IEM for convenience's sake.

Sep 5, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #17 of 54
Portable stuff for me has been sitting more or less unused this year. Specifically, my Sony WM1A dap and Sennheiser IE900 iems. My professional life has changed quite a bit the past 9+ months, and I just don't use portable stuff anymore, though at least iems are something I can see myself using occasionally with a desktop rig &/or laptop.
I run into a similar issue as I primarily use portable stuff for when I travel. For me, it's not worth owning more than one iem, yet I do.

Oct 1, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #18 of 54
My DT 770 Pro's haven't been used in ages. I used them as daily drivers for years, and then replaced them with the DT990's. Never got around to selling them, and now they are so old that I don't want to put them in the hands of others. Think I'll get new pads for them, and test them again, not that I got new reference points :)

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 54
My DT 770 Pro's haven't been used in ages. I used them as daily drivers for years, and then replaced them with the DT990's. Never got around to selling them, and now they are so old that I don't want to put them in the hands of others. Think I'll get new pads for them, and test them again, not that I got new reference points :)

What impedance is the DT 770?

I have alot of audio gear that's unused at the moment. But it's mostly cables and such for pro audio apps. My mom also has an old pair of Senn HD 201's I haven't tried. DT 770 (250 ohm) is my one and only pair of working HPs at the mo'.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #20 of 54
What impedance is the DT 770?

I have alot of audio gear that's unused at the moment. But it's mostly cables and such for pro audio apps. My mom also has an old pair of Senn HD 201's I haven't tried. DT 770 (250 ohm) is my one and only pair of working HPs at the mo'.
They are 80ohm, just ordered new pads for them, so they can get some more use 😊

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #21 of 54
The main one is my Elac Miracord 660 turntable. It has an issue with the tonearm being too stiff (likely an issue with the bearings and stiff grease being how old the table is) and skipping on records. I wanted to fix it but the internals of the turntable are an absolute maze and as someone not exactly mechanically inclined I'm pretty certain if I took it apart I'd never get it back together again, so it's been sitting under a shelf unused, I instead replaced it with a used Project Debut Carbon Esprit that I picked up. That hasn't seen much use lately either because the cartridge needs a new needle and I haven't been listening enough to justify spending on a replacement.

I have thought about digging out the Elac and trying to see if I can fix the tonearm stiffness just by moving it back and forth a billion odd times, might do that later when I'm free if I remember.

Also my synthesizers haven't been seeing enough use for a while. Been trying to get a handle on my physical and mental health lately and just try to stay above water, so I haven't been as adventurous with my hobbies as to actually be doing anything creative like that, but I'd like to get back into more music production.

Oct 13, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #22 of 54
Oct 13, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 54
The only items that haven't seen a regular rotation are: Cayin RU6, Schiit Bimby and Lyr 2. Once I get my home office re-established, the Bimby and Lyr will start seeing some regular use..

Oct 13, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #24 of 54
The only items that haven't seen a regular rotation are: Cayin RU6, Schiit Bimby and Lyr 2. Once I get my home office re-established, the Bimby and Lyr will start seeing some regular use..

That RU6 has to be worth like $150 if you have the box and stuff. But I understand, I have a Questyle M15 laying around that's not in current use.

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #25 of 54
All my gear was basically not getting used for quite a while (almost a year). I've been using mostly my 2 main Bluetooth headphones. B&W Px7 S2 (mostly for listening to music at work) and the Beats Studio 3 (which were a gift and I use them when walking the dogs).

Only a couple of weeks ago did I actually take my home setup to work because I'll actually get more use of it there (Fostex THX00 Mahogany, Schiit Asgard and Audioquest Dragonfly). I had bought a pair of Beyerdynamic Dt880 600ohms from a coworker but never used then because I couldn't properly drive them, so I sold them to another coworker on my team. Then I have my Denon D2000, which I need to fix and my ultrasone hfi-780, which I just rarely use unless its for video games but even that is rare.

My AKG K240 MKII haven't been used in years and none of my IEMs get use anymore because I've just come to prefer over-ear headphones. Maybe that will change though. And my Fiio Q1 portable amp/dac also gets rare use for now.

Oct 14, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #26 of 54
Unused inventory for me is,

• Shanling UA2 (very buggy, power hungry)
  • Loxjie P20 (surprisingly good amp but I have a mcchanson ultima amp that replaced it)
  • assortment of sub $100 chifi iems (KZ, CCA, etc.)
  • Final Audio Sonorous 3 (pretty good headphones but lacking in some areas, not as detailed as other headphones I have)
  • Audio Technica M40x (lacking in everything compared to other headphones and iems i have)

Oct 14, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #27 of 54
Unused inventory for me is,

• Shanling UA2 (very buggy, power hungry)
  • Loxjie P20 (surprisingly good amp but I have a mcchanson ultima amp that replaced it)
  • assortment of sub $100 chifi iems (KZ, CCA, etc.)
  • Final Audio Sonorous 3 (pretty good headphones but lacking in some areas, not as detailed as other headphones I have)
  • Audio Technica M40x (lacking in everything compared to other headphones and iems i have)

I felt the same about the UA2. Actually, I had a tablet that wouldn't power it... but they reached out once I returned it to find out why, which was nice.

Oct 19, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #29 of 54
Oct 19, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #30 of 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back