What gear do you have laying around that's not getting used?
Nov 29, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #33 of 54
I have just some entry level KZ IEMs laying around I don't use as much as I once did since I've moved onto higher tier price bracket gear.

I feel like lots of us have cheap iems laying around. The problem for me is the shipping cost. By the time I sell a $20 iem for $10, I make like $3-4. I guess that's why you usually see them bundled.

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #34 of 54
I feel like lots of us have cheap iems laying around. The problem for me is the shipping cost. By the time I sell a $20 iem for $10, I make like $3-4. I guess that's why you usually see them bundled.
For sure. It seems that's the case. I just haven't bothered to even try to sell them, they have their own bin taking space. Maybe one day I'll get to selling them, but for now, they just take up the space.

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #35 of 54
My Sundaras - I keep telling myself I keep them around as backup headphones, and I guess I've used them in that capacity in the past 6 months a couple times, but at this point I can't imagine a world where I reach for them over my 660S2s, and I have my sights on some HD800s eventually to fill the bright signature niche anyway. Probably time to clean and list these bad boys.

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #37 of 54
My Sundaras - I keep telling myself I keep them around as backup headphones, and I guess I've used them in that capacity in the past 6 months a couple times, but at this point I can't imagine a world where I reach for them over my 660S2s, and I have my sights on some HD800s eventually to fill the bright signature niche anyway. Probably time to clean and list these bad boys.
I feel pretty much the same ame about my Sundara. They really kick-started my Head-Fi interest, but since I got the HEKS, I really haven't listened much to them. Actually someone is dropping by today to have a look at them. As much as I feel they are a super headphone for the price, I just prefer the other ones in every single way.
Gonna miss them a bit, though 😑

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #38 of 54
I feel pretty much the same ame about my Sundara. They really kick-started my Head-Fi interest, but since I got the HEKS, I really haven't listened much to them. Actually someone is dropping by today to have a look at them. As much as I feel they are a super headphone for the price, I just prefer the other ones in every single way.
Gonna miss them a bit, though 😑

After a few years, I repurchased the Sundara to see if it held up against higher headphones. It didn't, and I sold that one too.

Dec 4, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #39 of 54
Pretty much all of my *head*phones, and all of my stationary audio / home theatre stuff except for anything directly connected to my PC's.

Headphone wise, after losing even more hair during the pandemic in particular and the top of my head now having a much more pubic aesthetic, I just feel the weight of any phone on my head far more than I ever did. That and the pressure, etc has lead me to finally go pretty much full earphone as far as general listening goes. And even in terms of IEM's - I mostly use TWE's these days - I grew tired of the custom fish gulps, sometimes multiple visits to the audiologist to get a perfect fit etc, and I've reverted back to generics.

What's also been lost is general sitting down at a fixed location to listen to an album / watch a movie, though I'm not sure I ever truly had the inclination in the first place.
It's definitely the case especially now that I'm so used to filling my time multitasking when engaging with any kind of technology, that sitting down in one place for any length of time to enjoy a singular piece of media is now reserved for books only... and honestly, I'm fine with this. And this may have been the case even when I was actually into all this stuff and supposedly prepared to take time to sit down in front of a stack of high-end gear which I'd dropped a stack on. I'm certainly close to six figures into my stationary audio + HT systems over the last 15 years (most of that between the late 00's to early 10's), yet I've probably spent only a tad over a hundred hours, and definitely less than two hundred, with the systems over the same period. And again being honest with myself, I've had the high-end gear which I considered the ultimate I could have, and the fact that I have them may have been more important to me than actually using them. I think some (or many) of you here could relate.

I put out feelers a while back and I'm considering offers for some gear, but I did regret getting rid of a lot of the higher-end stuff especially when I was a regular here, and I don't necessarily want to make the mistake again... But on the other hand as I find with some other tech, not being used and being shuffled over to storage doesn't mean degredation stops and the newest of my current high-end audio/HT stash has just turned ten, so *if* I come to pick it up again it might not make any financial sense to get up and running again if anything has failed. Either way, I have a feeling my setup everywhere will be a lot simpler soon.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #40 of 54
Pretty much all of my *head*phones, and all of my stationary audio / home theatre stuff except for anything directly connected to my PC's.

Headphone wise, after losing even more hair during the pandemic in particular and the top of my head now having a much more pubic aesthetic, I just feel the weight of any phone on my head far more than I ever did. That and the pressure, etc has lead me to finally go pretty much full earphone as far as general listening goes. And even in terms of IEM's - I mostly use TWE's these days - I grew tired of the custom fish gulps, sometimes multiple visits to the audiologist to get a perfect fit etc, and I've reverted back to generics.

What's also been lost is general sitting down at a fixed location to listen to an album / watch a movie, though I'm not sure I ever truly had the inclination in the first place.
It's definitely the case especially now that I'm so used to filling my time multitasking when engaging with any kind of technology, that sitting down in one place for any length of time to enjoy a singular piece of media is now reserved for books only... and honestly, I'm fine with this. And this may have been the case even when I was actually into all this stuff and supposedly prepared to take time to sit down in front of a stack of high-end gear which I'd dropped a stack on. I'm certainly close to six figures into my stationary audio + HT systems over the last 15 years (most of that between the late 00's to early 10's), yet I've probably spent only a tad over a hundred hours, and definitely less than two hundred, with the systems over the same period. And again being honest with myself, I've had the high-end gear which I considered the ultimate I could have, and the fact that I have them may have been more important to me than actually using them. I think some (or many) of you here could relate.

I put out feelers a while back and I'm considering offers for some gear, but I did regret getting rid of a lot of the higher-end stuff especially when I was a regular here, and I don't necessarily want to make the mistake again... But on the other hand as I find with some other tech, not being used and being shuffled over to storage doesn't mean degredation stops and the newest of my current high-end audio/HT stash has just turned ten, so *if* I come to pick it up again it might not make any financial sense to get up and running again if anything has failed. Either way, I have a feeling my setup everywhere will be a lot simpler soon.

I'm sorry. But I'm also intrigued and curious as to what you actually (and specifically) have that you're not using.

And if it helps, with certain users, I've sold with the understanding that if they were to ever list the gear for resale, that they'd offer it back to me first. Maybe that's something worth exploring.

Dec 4, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #41 of 54
I think @msing539 is the one to ask regarding headphones and gear.

He's sampled more stuff than anyone else I know.

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #42 of 54
speakers:
tannoy Mercury V1

Headphones:
fiio JH3
TFZ My Love 2
Sennheiser Momentum

a lot of other hifi gear

Dec 5, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #43 of 54
I'm sorry. But I'm also intrigued and curious as to what you actually (and specifically) have that you're not using.

I'm not sorry - it may have been a ton of money ultimately in the bin but there was the whole experience behind it. Disc players/DAC/clock stacks / home hires streamers, speakers, amps, projectors, receivers, big-ass tv's, you name it... I barely used them even during the peak of the pandemic, if I was in my living room (the least occupied part of my home) the chances were high that I'd just be curled up on the sofa with an iPad Pro instead, listening to the HomePods.

The remaining headphones are actually the least of it all, ha

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #44 of 54
My Sundara's are living in a new home now. 😑
Now I'm looking at the SMSL C200, that's seen something like 1 hour of play time over the last few months...

Dec 6, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #45 of 54
My Sundara's are living in a new home now. 😑
Now I'm looking at the SMSL C200, that's seen something like 1 hour of play time over the last few months...

If I think about it and look around, I have a bunch of stuff that someone else would appreciate. I'll list them next week (is what I tell myself every week).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back