What Frequency response for house/trance music ?
Jul 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #16 of 32
The MDT's may suit your liking, albeit they do have a midbass hump, but it's not nearly as apparent as the Gold/Coppers, nor did I ever find them lacking in mids/highs.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #17 of 32

Quote:
Basicaly I need the bass and low end of the Atrio M5's but clarity and detail of the UE700's, any sugestions ?

Quote:
hippos [VB] lack in the mid/high treble :/ 

Have you actually heard any of these? You're making some matter of fact statements there.

Anyway, on a personal note, can you please stop making a new thread for every question you have that is related to your original inquiry? I dont know exactly why, but it's driving me nuts. They can easily go into one thread where you can ask all the questions you have about what you're looking for in new IEM's. This is completely personal and I'm not speaking for anyone else. Pretty please. Don't take this negatively as I really do want you to find what you're looking for.

Now on a more positive note, since you're budget is already at a sizable $300, maybe save up a bit more for a few weeks and look into the JVC FX700 or maybe even the Westone 3 if you can deal with supposedly finicky insertion. The JVC FX500 is a lower priced option at about $160. Both the JVC's are supposedly pretty low on isolation.

You can look some of them up in the links in i2ehan's sig.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #19 of 32

Quote:

Have you actually heard any of these? You're making some matter of fact statements there.

Anyway, on a personal note, can you please stop making a new thread for every question you have that is related to your original inquiry? I dont know exactly why, but it's driving me nuts. They can easily go into one thread where you can ask all the questions you have about what you're looking for in new IEM's. This is completely personal and I'm not speaking for anyone else. Pretty please. Don't take this negatively as I really do want you to find what you're looking for.

Now on a more positive note, since you're budget is already at a sizable $300, maybe save up a bit more for a few weeks and look into the JVC FX700 or maybe even the Westone 3 if you can deal with supposedly finicky insertion. The JVC FX500 is a lower priced option at about $160. Both the JVC's are supposedly pretty low on isolation.

You can look some of them up in the links in i2ehan's sig.

You're not alone on this one, I completely agree with you, it's a little annoying. 

Another choice would be the TripleFi 10s, they are within your price range believe it or not.  They also tend to have a V-shaped sig.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #21 of 32
Haven't heard them. If the UM2 is anything like the Westone 2 then it probably lacks what you're looking for in the lows and highs. The UE700 people say is pretty harsh. I have the B2 which supposedly uses the same drivers as the UE700 and it might be a little bass light for you, although I find it to be surprisingly well balanced, with a slight lean towards the upper section of the frequency response. Good bass texture though.

Is there a reason you seem to be coming back to these specific models no matter what anyone else recommends?

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #23 of 32
Well then it wouldn't hurt to at the least look into the Westone 3's which are probably slightly above your price range.

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #25 of 32
Jul 18, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #27 of 32
If there is and it isn't a custom, its probably out of your stated price range. And if it is a custom, its probably out of your stated price range. =/

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #30 of 32
Perhaps you should do like me and just EQ whatever phones you end up buying to whatever frequency response you like.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-aka-10-headphone-tweak-guide

Heck, after tweaking up these $10 canalphones I'm not even in a hurry for my $300 Ety 4Ps to come back from repairs
etysmile.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back