What file format for music do you use?
Nov 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
WAV all the way for me, works on anything and gives the best sound, none of my players show artwork

originally i did everything at 320/aac, but aside from my Nokia N8, ,nothing else plays them

Wav is the most reliable format and best sounding, so for me its a no brainer, especially now large hard drives are so cheap

It doesn't sound any better than FLAC or ALAC.  If it does, then the encoding is being done wrong.

Nov 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #18 of 24
Nov 1, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
It doesn't sound any better than FLAC or ALAC.  If it does, then the encoding is being done wrong.

not going down that route,

I use WAV because it always works

I would say if you can't hear the difference between 192/256 and WAV then something is wrong somewhere

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #21 of 24
To just throw another argument in the picture, not everyone uses FLAC or some lossless audio on their portable stuff. Depending on if your audio player (phone or otherwise) can work with it, AAC through the itunes converter is quite awesome. I encode 130kbps AAC for my walkman. :D I can't tell a difference with my music on the go...too many external noises that make super high quality listening impossible unless you're in a soundproof room. So IMO, don't waste space with lossless on the go. Save the bits, and put more music on there. :)

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
To just throw another argument in the picture, not everyone uses FLAC or some lossless audio on their portable stuff. Depending on if your audio player (phone or otherwise) can work with it, AAC through the itunes converter is quite awesome. I encode 130kbps AAC for my walkman.
biggrin.gif
I can't tell a difference with my music on the go...too many external noises that make super high quality listening impossible unless you're in a soundproof room. So IMO, don't waste space with lossless on the go. Save the bits, and put more music on there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wise words! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back