What else do I need to complete this setup??? Beyerdynamic T90's and am building a Bottlehead Crack.
Dec 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

felixioz

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!!

I'm upgrading from an ATH M-50 paired with an Android phone listening to FLAC files or high bit-rate MP3's for music. This most certainly has given me an (re)appreciation for music and as a result, I've definitely contracted a bad case of upgraditis :p

So I decided to pull the trigger and bought myself a pair of Beyerdynamic T90 along with a Bottlehead Crack to drive it. Now given that my previous setup consisted of nothing but my phone and a set of cans, I have no experience whatsoever with which are the best sources/wires/cords for setups.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if possible, please list the names/models of whichever sources/wires/cables that you recommend.

Thanks!!

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 3
  Hi guys!!

I'm upgrading from an ATH M-50 paired with an Android phone listening to FLAC files or high bit-rate MP3's for music. This most certainly has given me an (re)appreciation for music and as a result, I've definitely contracted a bad case of upgraditis :p

So I decided to pull the trigger and bought myself a pair of Beyerdynamic T90 along with a Bottlehead Crack to drive it. Now given that my previous setup consisted of nothing but my phone and a set of cans, I have no experience whatsoever with which are the best sources/wires/cords for setups.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if possible, please list the names/models of whichever sources/wires/cables that you recommend.

Thanks!!

Sources don't really matter, whether it be your computer, phone, iPod, CD player, etc. But the thing you want to be able to do is run it to an external DAC such as a Schiit Modi or ODAC that can then run to your Crack. This can take a form of a USB cable from the computer, or a line out dock, or an optical cable, they're all digital.

For cables, I usually go with the cable that isn't the most expensive, but not some cheap cable either. To give you an idea, I use these cables. Cheap, but good quality. You don't need that uber expensive cable, but to each their own.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Esoteric-Audio-USA-A5-1M-RCA-Audio-Cable-24K-gold-plated-contacts-3-3FT-1M-/221281208477?pt=US_Car_Audio_Video_Interconnect_Cables&hash=item338563489d

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hi guys!!

Thanks!!

Great choice!  I have the T90 driven by a Bottlehead Crack... they form a beautiful pair, producing music that is highly resolving and dynamic.  I recommend these upgrades in descending order of priority:

1. Get the speedball upgrade for the Crack.  It significantly tightens and cleans up the sound, especially the bass.
2. The Tungsol 5998 is an excellent power tube.  I use the Amperex 7316 to drive it, and they pair up really well.
3. I use the Anti-Cable from my Wyred4Sound DAC to the Crack.
4. Get a decent power cord for the Crack. I use the Acrolink 7N 4020.

Even in stock form, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the T90 + Crack.  Enjoy
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back