what does your head-fi name/handle mean?
Aug 2, 2002 at 3:59 PM Post #61 of 362
I play the greatest instrument in the world, as pictured in my avatar. I found "violinist" too have a too much of an arrogant ass ring to it, hence the name, although I do play violin and do not fiddle.

Aug 2, 2002 at 6:30 PM Post #62 of 362
kubernetes== greek word for captain or navigator. You know, the guy who runs the ship. It's also the root of the word "cybernetic."

Aug 2, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #63 of 362
Has a bit of a friendly, nonthreatening tone to it, no?

I thought it was cute for counterstrike where everyone is
[K!LL]AzN_PuNk, or other flamboyant crap like that...

But I was actually designated the "TaffyGuy" many years ago (7?) by a friend of mine who was waiting impatiently for me to finish installing hotline and start downloading ****, but I was stuck on what to use as my alias. Anyhow, it just sort of stayed with me. I am a bit goofy/gangly, but no, I'm not a big fan of the candy...

Ever play that SuperNintendo game, clayfighters? heh...

Aug 2, 2002 at 8:48 PM Post #64 of 362
Quote:

Originally posted by tangent
"Off on a..." That's my modus operandi, so I've been using that handle for years and years. Whenever I come across a system where "tangent" is taken, I fall back to "arctan". Lil' math joke there....

It's a name from one of the books in the inaccurately-named Hitchhiker's Trilogy by Douglas Adams. (...which contains 5 books, or maybe 6 now. And will contain no more.)

Well actually it's spelled magicthise. But I thought I'd spell it my way. No sign of Vroomfondle however...

Aug 2, 2002 at 11:48 PM Post #67 of 362
i had to choose my name since MooGoesTheCow was taken.

sorry, i decided to play again.

Aug 3, 2002 at 12:54 AM Post #69 of 362
A few years back I started teaching computers to call me stupid names. Once I got a membership card for the Good Sam RV Club using my other favorite name, Noel Eiffe, I knew I was hooked forever on the nom de plume.

Dec 31, 1999 I burned my first CD of my own music. This was Angus McToon's Worst Hits of the 20th Century. This is my story.

And my avatar: What's on your mind?

Aug 3, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #70 of 362
I 'borrowed' it from the character that Martin Lawrence used to play on his TV show 'Martin'. Sheneneh (correct spelling) lived across the hall, was not very sophisticated, and took no '****'.

She's kinda my alter ego. Not that I'm sophisticated or anything. It's just that sometimes it would be really fun to let just let some folks have it.

Aug 3, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #71 of 362
ooh...toughie

I was high when I registered?
confused.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #73 of 362
Originally posted by kelly
I like to pretend I'm a female asian violinist.

Oh wait, no, that was why I picked the avatar.

Huh? (runs through names of female asian violinists in his head....; runs through names of cute racoons in his head.....)
confused.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #75 of 362
It's who I am
biggrin.gif

Actually, it was the username of my first email address (a Juno one, back when Juno was free and you dialed in), which I dropped after it got hacked by some idiot.

But the name stuck in my mind, and I couldn't think of anything else to use.

Nowdays, I'd probably use "flyingwaterbottle" or something like that...
eek.gif

(I have this habit of tossing water bottles around while I'm walking...)

Good thing I stuck with eric343.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back