What does your equalizer look like?
Aug 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #76 of 84
i am sorry i own high end portable chord hugo with my iPod, and i have the audeze lcd no way can i listen to music without eq

its impossible for me to listen to any albums without messing with eq and i believe someday a high portable eq device will come out, as i am tired of using this eqs in my iPod

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #77 of 84
The people who say that a certain amp sounds "better" with a certain set of headphones, are using hardware equalization.  Many then claim that they don't eq, and that eq'ing is for amateurs.

The only way to not eq at all is to have a totally pure and transparent signal chain from beginning to end.  Good luck finding that, given that the sound headphones emit can change even when you place them on your head differently, or with iems, with their insertion.  Even the current atmospheric air pressure will have some effect.

Don't let others do your thinking.  EQ if you want, it's neither bad nor good.

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #79 of 84

These are my settings for my headphones. It sounds very neutral. The headphones sound great without EQ, but this is even better.

Just for fun I also equalized my portable headphones to sound neutral in a quiet environment (my room). Here is the result:

Jul 17, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #82 of 84
Rane DEQ60L pro (balanced only) rack mountable. No audible distortion or negative effect on imaging.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #83 of 84
Rane DEQ60L pro (balanced only) rack mountable. No audible distortion or negative effect on imaging.

"...that's what they all say."
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #84 of 84
"...that's what they all say.":wink:
All based on my picky ears. I tied other EQ's costing a lot less caused audible distortion and at least with my HiFIMan HE560's-squished the soundstage. Particularly with Tierney Sutton The Paris Sessions. She Sat between two guitarists. With the not so good EQ it sounded like they were all in one chair. :wink:. I ended up with a $1000 US Pro EQ when I hoped to go cheap. Oh well.
I don't have the test equipment to measure the signal myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back