What does "Digital" imply on headphones packing?
Feb 25, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #31 of 34
It amazes me how stupid companies think consumers are .. and they're usually right.

That's why you'll see a $300 radar detector that says, "now detects laser and Ka-band."
Or "Our steakburger uses real meat." (okay, so that one's debatable!
wink.gif
)
Every DVD player I know says "plays CDs" or something to that effect, just so ignorant people are assured.
Same thing with SACD and HDCD players. I've even seen DVD players say: "Wow - you can do everything with this.. DVD, CD, even MP3." Although every DVD player I've ever seen does MP3 and CD.

Shame on corporate America, but shame on most consumers for being so unaware of what they're buying that packaging will sway them!

Feb 26, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by gradofan
It amazes me how stupid companies think consumers are .. and they're usually right.

Hey, I just bought a glass toslink cable from E-Bay....

and it has "durable 24k gold plated plug ends". Gold plated! I suppose consumers just don't buy anything but gold plated any more.

Feb 26, 2004 at 3:31 PM Post #33 of 34
Zum,

Quote:

Originally posted by zum
Hey, I just bought a glass toslink cable from E-Bay....

and it has "durable 24k gold plated plug ends". Gold plated! I suppose consumers just don't buy anything but gold plated any more.

You never know. The Zu Mobius features copper plug ends, and the company brags about them and you have to clean them too!

"Our unplated pure copper pins provide unparalleled performance but do require occasional cleaning. We recommend you clean them once a year if you live in a dry climate and every six if not. The performance gained from our unplated pins is worth the bit of work required."

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Feb 26, 2004 at 3:49 PM Post #34 of 34
Every kind of product this world offers needs a "head-fi" forum... I mean, everyone here knows a little bit about "audiophile." We must educate the masses on everything! We need stuff like How-To-Get-Rich-Fast-At-No-Risk-fi! or Relationship-Fi! Please God! Make it happen...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back