Jul 27, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #46 of 103
I still use the old fashion clam shell method:

clam_shell_grooming.jpg

Jul 27, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #47 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
I still use the old fashion clam shell method:

clam_shell_grooming.jpg

I used to Clam shell every morning Rick but found it increasingly hard to source wild Atlantic clams and the farmed clams just don't perform as well as the wild atlantic clams (as I'm sure you have found). Sure they give you a close enough shave but they wear out a lot faster than the real deal clams.

I tried the live crab shave but that was a bit hit and miss......... after a lot of trial and error I find the "q-tip flame shave" to be not only the fastest shave I have experienced but also the closest. You soon get used to the smell of burning beard and your skin soon adapts to the concept of the flame shave.

Pinkie.

Jul 27, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #48 of 103
Rick,

Do you prefer Chinese or west coast USA clams?

[size=xx-small]Edit:[/size] Pink thought of the same thing as me and managed to make it much more entertaining. He also managed to post while I was still writing my post.

Jul 27, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #49 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime
Rick,

Do you prefer Chinese or west coast USA clams?

[size=xx-small]Edit:[/size] Pink thought of the same thing as me and managed to make it much more entertaining. He also managed to post while I was still writing my post.

Hajime and Pinky, I prefer the New England hardshell variety:

0026.jpg

They're the most durable and easy to come by...

icon10.gif

Jul 27, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #50 of 103
I'm 16 and I use a Remington Titanium. It's a great razor. I used a regular razor with cream for a while but did not enjoy it one bit, plus it irritated the heck out of my skin, to the point where it would take a couple days to recover with moisturizing facial creams. I got this thing and never looked back. It's unbelievable. Cuts really close, is really easy to use, and the irritation is incredibly minimal compared to before. Then, just pop it open and blow the hair out and you're done. No water. No shaving cream. Highly reccommended.

Jul 27, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #51 of 103
Quote:

Hajime and Pinky, I prefer the New England hardshell variety:

0026.jpg

They are the most durable and easy to come by...

icon10.gif

Great to know there are some real men left who shave like men without the aid of powders or girly wirly lotions. Thanks for the steer toward the new England hardshells Rick, do you know if they have a UK distributor?

In the meantime I'l have to continue with the flame shave but look forward to getting back to the old traditional wild clam experience......... please don't consider the flame shave as feminine...... I just can't source good nipping clams these days man.

flameshave.jpg

BTW that's not me in the pic, I tend to go for MACH 70 burning..... the guy in the pic is having a MACH 5 (beginers) shave.

Jul 27, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #53 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
I'm 16 and I use a Remington Titanium

What's that?...... a new fangled designer clam? Go with the Hardshells like Rick suggested.

Jul 27, 2004 at 8:31 PM Post #54 of 103
Quote:

LOL, Pinky! However, I guess we should stop this else we be accused of thread crabbing...

wink.gif

Yeh, they'll clamp down on our old school shaving methods for sure...

Jul 27, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #56 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
i dont get it.... how do clams work
confused.gif

Ok....... you tease the baby open using the "calm clam" technique........ you then position your clam over the the part of your beard you want cut and you command the clam to "close clam" and it snips like a modern day razor.

It takes time to train your clam but, once you've mastered the art, you've got one superb shaving device and, the best part is, it's eco friendly. When it doesn't shave as close as it used to just chuck it into the sea and it will rebuild itself and will reappear on your drugstore shelves a year later. (experts reckon the hardshell clam will rebuild itself in 6 months but i say give them a year to be assured of a good bite)

Pink Tip: The farmed clams are throwaway devices and only the genuine North Atlantic Hardshells will regenerate.

I'm sure Rick has got plenty more clam shave tips than I do...........

Jul 27, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #58 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
The clam technique works much better if you affix a piece of rainbow foil to your clam.

- Chris

They shave better fed a diet of Rainbow trout actually.

Jul 27, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #59 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
The clam technique works much better if you affix a piece of rainbow foil to your clam.

- Chris

LOL
icon10.gif
. Affix rainbow foil for that closer shave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back