What Do You Use For Burn-In?
Apr 15, 2007 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

sghound

100+ Head-Fier
for those who believe in burn-in, pls share what you use. Densen DeMagic CD? XLO/Sheffield Labs CD? pink noise sweep signals? radio? etc... do you set the amp volume at low or high?

Apr 15, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 63
Music at a normal listening volume

Apr 15, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 63
XM radio. Saves wear and tear on the cd players. Doesn't matter which station as long as it's music.

And usually at low volumes at first then medium for the rest of the way.

Apr 15, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #6 of 63
Pink noise. Nothing works like it. It does the job better than music, and in shorter time. Period.

Apr 15, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #7 of 63
I've used pink noise before too, but have only had 2 new pairs before, so I can't compare the differences.

Apr 15, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #8 of 63
Pink noise at about the same volume i listen or a little louder.

Not that I would ever be able to actually LISTEN to pink noise... that would kill my ears in a second.

Apr 15, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #9 of 63
I use music. I just let the equipment burn in while I'm using them. Also I might left them to play when I'm not at home. I never just let them to burn in before I listen to them. I wonder how some people can just burn in their equipment like two weeks before even trying them out.

Apr 15, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #12 of 63
I just play the gears normally. It will be broken-in in due time. why waste the extra hours but not listening to the unit?

Apr 15, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use music. I just let the equipment burn in while I'm using them.

Couldn't agree more. Some things take time, and can't be rushed. My T-Amp currently drives my Stratus Minis (how's THAT for a rediculous price mis-match!!) and it has steadily improved over the roughly 2 1/2 years since the T sent my previous amp into retirement.

Like I said, you just can't rush some things!

And yeah, I know it's rediculous to drive 4 Ohm speakers that push 86 dB (1 watt/1 meter) with a flea powered amp like the T, but...it just sounds great for the music I listen to in my tiny NYC apt...

Apr 15, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #14 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i use my head!

If you know the difference between to, too, and two, your grammar needs no forgiveness, my friend! And you obviously do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back