What Do You Think Of The Cube C30?
Dec 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
It's early and there is little to no experience with the actual device itself but I like the concept. Aesthetically it certainly is blah but that strikes me as a good sign.
²úƷչʾ

It comes with their F1 earphones that use decent components including Bayer diaphragms)Cube Branch Out - F1 HiFi Earphones | MP4 Nation Blog.

It converts to $102 for the 32GB. Small size, tactile controls, BBE enhancements, Maxx 9722 amp giving 130mw of output, FLAC, APE, MP3, WMA, formats, and a MicroSD slot(can be seen in the 9th pic in the first link).

Another device that could have some potential if it has a decent battery life and is relatively bug-free.

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 14
Well, I have te Fuze, that sounds similar to the clip and the T51. I did not listen to my C30 for some time, maybe give it some listen tonight. I can say for sure that the C30 cannot reach the T51 in soundquality, but I willcompare the fuze and the C30 for you if you want.

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #7 of 14
Looks just like the recently introduced Hippo Gumstick -- same thing rebranded??

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 14
Well I gave them both a listen...

The Fuze sounds much clearer to me, goes a little in the direction of analytical. The C30 tends to warmth.

Both were compared flat, that means no eq-ing or BBE stuff. Well SQ wise both player are nice. Beseides the power difference, since there are 130mw. The C30 can even drive my Ultrasone 900, but the highs are cutting sharp :frowning2:, it is not possible to listen. With my Ortofon E-q7 the highs are decent from the C30, but the Fuze highs are a little better.

Mids are deffinitely better on the C30, kind of sound smoother than on the Fuze. Also the lows come much better on the C30. If I have to define deffinitely and much. deffinitely =20% and much =30%.

I use my Fuze with Rockbox, which is a definite plus, for me at least. On the other hand interface wise they cannot be compared, since the C30 just has a small oled display. Also it is possible to move quickly through the C30 menu, only small issue is that you have to wait every time you boot, to initialize the tf card.

BBE on the C30 is useless, IMO it worsens the sound, the C30 sounds best flat. Also there is a little noise in the background, but it is not noticable when playing even at low volumes.

All in all, I prefer the C30 soundwise, but the Fuzes sound quality is also one of the best available at the moment, not considering Hifimen adn other with integrated amp... Rockbox is just great, that is why I prefer the Fuze over all.

-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back