What do you think of my new tattoo? [56k warning]
Apr 3, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #31 of 38
Nah, /me don't like tattoos at all.
I have to admit that its some nice artwork though...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #32 of 38
Thanks again to everyone for the opinions.
smily_headphones1.gif

It is starting to scab up a bit now and I can tell it will be itchy rather soon. Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, did it hurt? I think I'm going to tell Mr. Plainsong to just hold my leg down.

Well, the tattooing itself was not too bad. What I found worse was lying in the same position for 2 hours and when he wiped it every once and a while after he had already done some work on an area... it was pretty sensitive.

I think that for my next tattoo, I will get it somewhere that will allow me to sit up while I am under the needle.

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not looking forward to the itching...

Mine never itched. You certainly want to keep a good lotion routine though. It's kind of like a localized sunburn.

Apr 4, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #35 of 38
This is my healing regimen:

http://compunction.org/healing.txt

It's really the only healing process that worked regardless of where I was getting inked (body-wise). Before finding this process, sometimes my ink would scab very hard (very painful too), and other times, it would heal beautifully. I think some of it had to do with location (chest, folds of the arms, ribs, back, different parts of the trunk/stomach, armpits, legs), and then I think some of it had to do with too much lotion or not enough.

With this regimen, I always keep the vibrant colors and smooth healing.

And that's a very nice piece of art you have! Congratulations on your new adornment!!

Apr 4, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #36 of 38
My best results were always with simple unscented basic lotion as well. I had a lot of problems with Bacitracin. When I used it, I ended up having a decent amount of scar tissue over the tattoo. I think part of it was the artist's fault, but something tells me it was the Bacitracin as well. I used Lubriderm on my other tattoos with great results-- much less ink drain out, scabbing, etc. It healed much faster as well without any scarring.

Apr 4, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #37 of 38
I haven't had any serious itching or heavy scabbing yet and am on day 5 now. I have mostureized a couple times because it was really dry [once yesterday, once today] and have been carefully washing it when I shower each morning. I'm not so sure you need to follow such a strict regimen sant430.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Make that 3 times. Just put some more lotion on... it wasn't exactly itcy, just felt tight and sort of hot. [Like a sunburn]

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #38 of 38
The regimen just looks like common sense of keeping it clean and keeping the skin not too dry/moist. Thanks for the aftercare tips, it seems to jive with the kind of aftercare my eyebrow ring got (no soap even, just warm water in that case - unlike what many piercers say, Yazka knows better and has been peircing for longer - she was right). It sounds about right though, applying common sense to something I don't have yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back