What do you think of my new tattoo? [56k warning]
Apr 2, 2007 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

philodox

Headphoneus Supremus
tattoo.JPG

I got it done on Saturday afternoon and I am very happy with how it turned out. I was there for 3 hours, though only 2 of those were under the needle. This is my first tattoo and is on my right shoulder blade. It is around 5" by 4.5" and should brighten up a bit after it heals. Hasn't started scabbing up too much yet, but it is soon to come according to my Wife.
biggrin.gif

So, what do you think?

Bonus marks to anyone who knows where the artwork is from.
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was expecting him to be wearing headphones. haha

Yeah, me too, geeks that we are. Nice that some of us have lives away from headphones...

no, just joking, nyuk, nyuk

Laz

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 38
What?! No headphones!
mad.gif

lol no really, that's a very intricate and interesting tattoo there.

Duuno where it's from, but it must mean something big to you in order to get a near-permanent reminder of it!

EDIT: darn, Google Images didn't help find the source...

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 38
Thanks for all the compliments guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

As for the headphones, I didn't want to change the original artwork that much... as it is, I only changed the colour of the tea cup and the book. Everything else is pretty much unaltered.

I don't want to say what it is yet since I want to give the other fantasy geeks out there a chance to guess.

Smeggy - DragonRataDillo? Lol, that is great... though I am not sure that Mr. Long would approve.
340smile.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #11 of 38
That's some nice work! I'm suspecting that isn't tea in the pot, that dragon looks a bit tipsy, I'm guessing he's hiding a sake problem...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
50% of all people who have a tattoo want it removed.

Lot more expensive to remove them than to get them.

No Marines for you.

Way to flame.

Nice tattoo philidox! Very intricate design, the props the the artist
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #14 of 38
That is a fantastic tattoo! Very well done. Wait until you take a hot shower and it raises up like brail. That happens when they're new. Also you'll now need to resist the urge to get more. They are habit forming that way. I got mine in 1983, and have been fighting the urge ever since.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
50% of all people who have a tattoo want it removed.

Lot more expensive to remove them than to get them.

No Marines for you.

If you knew Jay you'd know that he's thought it out. Unless it was done at a Head-Fi meet and he was drunk. Hey there's an idea! What do you say guys, the next meet we get him liquored up and tattoo "BOSE is my mistress" on his chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back