What do you think about while listening to music?
Nov 18, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #32 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think about sandwiches.

Or string theory.

Did you know that in one particle of sandwhich, therein lies an infinite number of sandwhiches, which in and of themselves (itself?) is a single sandwhich?

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #33 of 67
All of the above (but not all at once).

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #34 of 67
Whatever comes into my head. listening is my time to relax and get absorbed in the music. That being said I also love to think how awesome the music sounds!
k701smile.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #35 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's best not to think while listening, it kills the enjoyment. Eating a lot of food or drinking beforehand isn't a good idea either. If I am multitasking too much I might as well not listen to anything. The goal is to see how long I can trigger a chakra and I simply can't do this with a busy mind. Use the force my friend.

What's Chakra and how do you trigger it?

pardon my ignorance

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #37 of 67
Nov 20, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #38 of 67
When I think about Head-Fi polls and how much I enjoy them, my listening pleasure increases exponentially. It works in the bedroom as well.

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #40 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what AdamCalifornia is listening to

The sound of his keyboard as he contrives another useless poll, no doubt.

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #41 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound of his keyboard as he contrives another useless poll, no doubt.

haha, don't be mean. Some of his threads are useful...........ish.

you're right though.

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #42 of 67
All of the above really, until the music lifts me out of worldly thoughts and I just go with it. If the music is not good to me, I will not ignore its glaringly obvious (again to me) shortcomings in any realm. As a DJ, live and radio, it is a must for me to understand the emotional effects of different songs on people, how to bring the right songs together and make them sound good while doing it. This takes analysis on many levels, sq/sound sig, lyrical content/message, tempo, major/minor key, observation on reaction to a particular song others/my own. If y'all get down like that, please become DJs!

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #45 of 67
I have to say all of the above, and a lot of times it depends on why I put the headphones on in the first place; whether I'm taking a break, or listening to something specifically, or for a specific purpose, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back