what do you prefer?
Apr 8, 2003 at 6:41 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by ((((Hunter))))
thx alot!!
but im using a mp3 player and i want to convert the mp3s to crossfeeded mp3s before i upload it to my player, so, what converter have crossfeed function?

As far as I know crossfeed occurs during decoding and playback. Are you trying to convert the files so there's a crossfeed version to upload to your portable? This would be interesting, though I don't think possible from the WinAmp/Foobar plugins. Audio Hijack Pro with Canz3D (testing this setup for playback since I'm on a Mac recently and can't use Foobar or WinAmp) would make this possible, but it's Mac only. Plus you'd be re-encoding mp3's, never recommended for best results. Definitely look into an encoder not a player (if I understand what you're looking for). Don't know of an encoder that does this without realtime playback though. Even the setup I mentioned would require playing the mp3's, having them crossfeed during playback, capturing them in realtime to reencode back to mp3. Make sense?

Good idea though about creating crossfeed versions of your tunes.

Apr 8, 2003 at 6:46 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by ((((Hunter))))
thx alot!!
but im using a mp3 player and i want to convert the mp3s to crossfeeded mp3s before i upload it to my player, so, what converter have crossfeed function?

Foobar2000 makes this easy - just enable crossfeed, select diskwriter (to write to a file) and check "use dsp". You can in fact rerecord music at digital quality while applying any of Foobar's dsp's.

-dd3mon

Apr 8, 2003 at 6:52 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by dd3mon
Foobar2000 makes this easy - just enable crossfeed, select diskwriter (to write to a file) and check "use dsp". You can in fact rerecord music at digital quality while applying any of Foobar's dsp's.

-dd3mon

sounds easy, i definately give it a shot
wink.gif

thx. it really answered my question

Apr 8, 2003 at 7:16 PM Post #34 of 41
O.K. you've wasted your time doing this poll...
biggrin.gif
FOOOOBAR is the best, even at 64000 Hz resampling (above that start to sound too bright in MY crappy card), the EQ is very delicate sounding and have lots of pro-looking options. Winamp is great with MAD and Izotope, but not quite as nice. QCD and Coolplayer sound very detailed but a little bright for me.

Apr 9, 2003 at 4:32 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

-dd3mon

can it convert directly to mp3''s format?

Apr 9, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #36 of 41
Don't think so.. it can only output exactly how it would output to your soundcard, namely in full bit WAVs. You could re-encode this WAV using LAME and probably get better results than if Foobar had something built in to do so. The crossfeed isn't applied to the mp3 audio, it's applied to the full bit WAV audio generated from the mp3 file, so a "direct copy" into mp3 would be impossible.

-dd3mon

Apr 9, 2003 at 5:39 AM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Don't think so.. it can only output exactly how it would output to your soundcard, namely in full bit WAVs. You could re-encode this WAV using LAME and probably get better results than if Foobar had something built in to do so. The crossfeed isn't applied to the mp3 audio, it's applied to the full bit WAV audio generated from the mp3 file, so a "direct copy" into mp3 would be impossible.

-dd3mon

I found that the quality of the wav file i convert frm mp3 is lower than it's original's, how?

Apr 9, 2003 at 2:37 PM Post #39 of 41
foobar2000 is my favorite audio player, though i still will occasionally use winamp just for kicks (and for that pesky dde plugin). foobar sounds better to me, and at 24-bit/96khz my pdac really sings. however, i find the crossfeed plugin to really suck though and it doesn't do anything for me at all so i nuked it.

Apr 9, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #40 of 41
For me Windows Media Player 9 is hands down the best. From playback of various audio/video to encoding to management. MP9 is by far much more user friendly and playback quality is quite good. When we A/B tested original CD on my Sony vs. WMA 355K VBR 98 the difference was inaudible with both being enjoyable. Given I only need to drop in the CD and WM9 goes to it, ejecting the CD when done, organising my music by band or album all auto, it's a no brainer.

Apr 9, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #41 of 41
Hey, man, you changed the poll! That's not fair, I voted Others because Foobar was not in the list, and if you read the replies is very likely that many people did the same thing!
FOOBAR, FOOBAR, FOOBAR!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back