what do you prefer?
Apr 8, 2003 at 4:19 PM Post #16 of 41
nice you leave out one of the most popular players (besides winamp).
rolleyes.gif

QCD 3.5 for me. much superior to anything else on the list. foobar is supposed to sound pretty close but i can't stand its interface.

also just noticed foobar was not included..

maybe a mod should edit this poll since there will be a ton of people voting for foobar and qcd and it will skew the results.

Apr 8, 2003 at 4:33 PM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
Are you sure we're talking about the same crossfeed? It's not included with Foobar but a seperate 3rd party component available here . It's quite possible though that you might find the effect over done. Although I've found it less detrimental to the music than regular crossfeed, I've only ever used it at work with my HD280's which tends to open them up more. With an open can like the HD600 the effect may be too much. I'm not sure without having tried it though.

Yes - it's the same.. By "included" I meant downloadable off Foobar's website (and included in the complete Foobar package).

Also - as for a slider, I haven't missed it a single bit. Just hit the arrow keys.

-dd3mon

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by SENOR4Q
maybe I'm deaf, but I seem to get a seemingly impeceptable diff in sound quality from coolplayer when compared to foobar2000 and in a much more user-frienly pakage? Someone chime in if they agree or disagree.

what if someone create a poll to see what is popular, foobar or winamp 2.x, good idea?

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by ((((Hunter))))
im a newbie, who are these moderators? i cant seems to edit my own post... BTW what is a crossfeed??

There is an edit button right under your post next to the quote button. You can only edit your own posts.

As for the mods, look at the right hand column on the main forum page .

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:21 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
There is an edit button right under your post next to the quote button. You can only edit your own posts.

As for the mods, look at the right hand column on the main forum page .

what i mean is i cant edit the polls...
btw can any1 tell me what is crossfeed? is it available in winamp?

why nobody use winamp3, it's cool provided if you got alot of resource to spare...

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

what i mean is i cant edit the polls...
btw can any1 tell me what is crossfeed? is it available in winamp?

The ability to edit polls would lead to shenanigans. I don’t know any forum that allows for poll editing.

As for a crossfeed, scroll down a bit on this page for an explaination.

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:39 PM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

The ability to edit polls would lead to shenanigans. I don’t know any forum that allows for poll editing.

As for a crossfeed, scroll down a bit on this page for an explaination.

no no no, what i REALLY mean is i cant add more poll options in this poll, like wht they requested, the foobar...

i read it already, maybe i'm dumb or something, can u kindly please explain it in plain english the benifit(s) of crossfeed. Can software provide this crossfeed feature? i thought only hardware can provide it like the CORDA PREHEAD-1...

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:43 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

no no no, what i REALLY mean is i cant add more poll options in this poll, like wht they requested, the foobar...

i read it already, maybe i'm dumb or something, can u kindly please explain it in plain english the benifit(s) of crossfeed. Can software provide this crossfeed feature? i thought only hardware can provide it like the CORDA PREHEAD-1...

Yea, but people have already started voting. Adding options will skew results.
wink.gif

Software can simulate a crossfeed through digital sound processing.

Think of listening to a stereo track with very discrete left and right elements. With headphones, it’s weird and not at all like listening to speakers in a room. The crossfeed bleeds a bit of the left into the right and a bit of the right into the left (crossfeeding) to make it more like listening to stereo with speakers.

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Yea, but people have already started voting. Adding options will skew results.
wink.gif

Software can simulate a crossfeed through digital sound processing.

Think of listening to a stereo track with very discrete left and right elements. With headphones, it’s weird and not at all like listening to speakers in a room. The crossfeed bleeds a bit of the left into the right and a bit of the right into the left (crossfeeding) to make it more like listening to stereo with speakers.

i understand it now thx
wink.gif

is the crossfeed feature available in winamp, wher can i find it(download it)? what free mp3 converter provide the crossfeed feature?

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:58 PM Post #27 of 41
Winamp 2.81 actually. Basically I'm really used to it and Winamp3 takes waaay too long to load.

Apr 8, 2003 at 6:14 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

i understand it now thx
wink.gif

is the crossfeed feature available in winamp, wher can i find it(download it)? what free mp3 converter provide the crossfeed feature?

The crossfeed for Foobar is also available for Winamp. Click on the link in my earlier post.

Apr 8, 2003 at 6:24 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
The crossfeed for Foobar is also available for Winamp. Click on the link in my earlier post.

thx alot!!
but im using a mp3 player and i want to convert the mp3s to crossfeeded mp3s before i upload it to my player, so, what converter have crossfeed function?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back