What do you do for a living?
Sep 18, 2008 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

helicopter34234

100+ Head-Fier
Just curious as to what everyone is doing to feed their habbits. I am a graduate student working on my PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace engineering. I do work in lasers, optics, and materials modification.

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 77
I just finished my Master's in Mechanical Engineering focusing on human factors/human-machine interfaces.
I'm now a senior design engineer for a Class-8 truck manufacturer (optimus prime, hint hint
wink.gif
), I'm the lead design engineer on seats and supporting on visibility, steering wheels and pedals for our next generation platform. Somehow I landed exactly the job I wanted right out of the gate
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #3 of 77
Just started college, so I am a full time student. Most of my income comes from one off jobs. Although I just got an on-campus job as a technical apprentice (lighting and sound mixing) in a theater on campus. It's only minimum wage but, who am I to complain it's enough to buy gear.

Sep 18, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #6 of 77
I work in oil drilling on the North Slope. I monitor down-hole drilling conditions and drilling position to make sure we are drilling through the correct area and are in the right spot, trouble shoot tool failures or errors and work on collecting and manipulating data in the database for processing and log evaluation.

Lucky it's the North Slope so I work 3 weeks and get 3 weeks off. And in my off time, I'm back in school getting my Masters.

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #9 of 77
I'm a WalMart greeter.

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #11 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a helicopter.

Oh ya, well I'm Usain Bolt's chase rabbit. He can never catch me!

Sep 18, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #14 of 77
Business Management, Major in Finance

worrying about my future employment whenever I hear these names: Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, AIG and more to come unfortunately

Sep 18, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #15 of 77
Yet another grad student: Social cognitive psychology and philosophy, looking at religious beliefs (more accurately, beliefs in supernatural agents). Also interested in humour appreciation and facial attractiveness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back