What do most audiophiles listen too?
Feb 9, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #106 of 110
What's this? Only 9%? Where's the Opera love?
And why isn't electronica/trance a category?

List of importance: Classical>Opera>Other>Pop Rock>Hip Hop
Kind of a weird genre list(talk about bipolar tastes).

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #108 of 110
Why so few votes for Opera? Maybe because of different interpretation of "...do you enjoy most?" In my case - I do not actually love listening to Opera in general, I just enjoy audiophile grade Opera recordings, and then only some specific Arias etc., so I voted "yes".

Whereas it's much clearer for, say, Classic Rock. I even like to hear that over FM radio.

I would also have liked to have a more comprehensive genre list for this poll, but, on the other hand, such a list would have to be veeery comprehensive to list something like one of my favorite genres: Mento !!! (which is _not_ Calypso; just to be clear, I'm not a Calypso fan :wink:

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #110 of 110
The only thing I don't listen to frequently are country, rap, and hip-hop/R&B. That's not to say there aren't good artists within those genres they just seem to be thinner than others, and often the older ones are better - for example I'll listen to older country or rap but not modern 'pop' country or most new rap, they're a little soulless to me. I also checked 'other' because there didn't seem to be a category for electronic music.

The most important thing though is to not limit oneself based purely on a supposed genre. There's good stuff everywhere and being able to appreciate music you might not like per se is important in keeping and open mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back