What do most audiophiles listen too?
Feb 2, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #93 of 110
Mostly enjoyd in headphones, something like Queens of the stonage,mars volta..complicated(?) rock,many and wierd sounds
biggrin.gif

on speakers, almost any kind om electro/IDM/IBM/psy/techno.

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #94 of 110
I listen to mostly sceamo, post hardcore and rap. But lately i have been listening to classical and some other kinds of rock too..

I would be interested to know if anyone else is into screamo or post hardcore??

Feb 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #97 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's post-hardcore? Or do you mean post-punk? Which would be bands like Joy Division, Simple Minds, The Cure etc.

No, but you have the right idea. Post hardcore, as the name suggests, takes hardcore punk as a starting point and adds other elements, like progressive rock, in much the same way that post-punk bands used punk as a jumping-off point. The early 2000s band, At The Drive-In, is usually described as post-hardcore. Its successor band, The Mars Volta, is also sometimes described as post-hardcore. I think Fugazi is also considered a pioneering post-hardcore band, as is The Nation of Ulysses, which recorded for Dischord, the label founded by Fugazi's Ian Mackaye (I think. Spelling of his name also approximate.)

I don't follow the current scene, so someone else will hopefully suggest some more current ph groups.

Feb 2, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #98 of 110
Jazz, Classical, Hip-Hop, R&B, Rock, Metal, Blue Grass...and more
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #101 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's post-hardcore? Or do you mean post-punk? Which would be bands like Joy Division, Simple Minds, The Cure etc.

No post-hardcore is definitely not any of those bands. I don't know how to describe it in words but one of the pioneers of this genre was At-the-drive-in. popular examples maybe things like underoath, blessthefall, senses fail and escape the fate

At the moment the scene is definately overloaded with a lot of generic bands that use the breakdown with catchy chorus formula. But for some reason i love it

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #102 of 110
Trance mostly. Occasionlly a movie score (a massive fan of them). Sometimes I listen to stuff I grew up with e.g. Goo Goo Dolls, Greenday, Metallica and er Celion Dion (I'm soo sorry).

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #103 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just happy to see how many folks stay away from country....

Why would that be important to you?

--Jerome

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #104 of 110
jazz, blues, rock, midwestern country rock, Punk, CA valley country rock, rockabilly, southern ass-kickin' rock, country, elecronica, new age, and maybe a little metal.

In that order.....
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back