What DIY Balanced Pre amp kits about?
Jun 2, 2008 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lock

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a balanced pre amp and would like tp make myself if there is a complete kit available. I've found some but not much helpful info on google. Is/has anyone done this sort of project, could point me in the right direction. cheers
Lock

Jun 4, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #3 of 5
K & K Audio - Lundahl Transformers, audio DIY kits and more

Diy HiFi Supply

I have built a preamp based on the design of the K&K (I used Cinemag input transformers, magnequest output transformers, and a quad of 12A4 tubes, and a different CCS, and a different PS, but basically the same idea.) It is a nice design, though a lot of work for 8db of gain (mine is more like 6db.) I am tearing it apart to use the parts elsewhere and build something similar to the DIYHS, using their TVC's. I can't give an impression yet on the second one. Both of these can take balanced or single ended and can output both balanced and single ended signals.

pre1.jpg

pre2.jpg

pre3.jpg

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a balanced pre amp and would like tp make myself if there is a complete kit available. I've found some but not much helpful info on google. Is/has anyone done this sort of project, could point me in the right direction. cheers
Lock

There was the Pass Aleph P1.7 clone (supported by Nelson Pass) on DIYAudio (diyAudio Forums - (one more) ALEPH P 1.7 clone_. Not a kit, but you can buy all the FETs matched; after that it is just some caps and resistors, etc. to source. And chassis, I/O, volume control
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back