What did you do today? How is it going?
Sep 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 171

BobSaysHi

Headphoneus Supremus
How's it going Head-Fi? I remember there was a thread here a while ago asking what head-fiers did on a day to day basis. I couldn't find it, so I'll make a thread.

Today was the first cooler day all summer, so I walked my dog around the lake and listened to music all afternoon. Feeling very relaxed, which is good since I'll be doing work all day tomorrow.

If this thread takes off, please no pony-bombs or violently off-topic behavior.

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 171
Well let's start with,,,,, I slept in since I went to church Saturday night and listened to my main system long into the night and early morning....... I got my walking in at the grocery store, it was a zoo.... I was going to do some yard work but we finally got the rain that we so desperately needed, (Weeds will be easier to pull tomorrow). Jumped on head-fi to see what was up on the music game, the members bring up some great songs that I have in my collections of either vinyl or disc.. Getting ready to watch some of the race at Atlanta, while the tubes are warming up for another night of listening.......So, so far so good... Oh, got the oil changed in my truck...   Did anybody do anything exciting???

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 171
Got up today and read my post " What Did You Do Today" and just laughed out load and thought who in their right mind gives a H.F. about what I did yesterday or for that mater any day!!!!!   At least I didn't ask you guys to help me pick out a great set of Headphones for $15 bucks that I can use with my portable cassette player.  Have a Great Labor Day!

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 171
Well I was going to mow the lawn but since this tropical storm has been lingering for the past 3 days its too wet to do so.  Instead I continued working on my school application which is ridiculously lengthy.  Of course I distracted myself with head-fi quite a bit.  I also downloaded the Awareness app from Etymotic onto my iPhone which is pretty neat.  I also built some nonsense out of megablocks with my toddler son.

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 171
I got up at 6 am, and was ready at work at 7. poor me.
it was a normal meh day and the energising drink I had at 9 am gave me sickness. then I worked my ass off all day to support my 2 wives and 5 kids.
then got back, had dinner and now I'm on my cell, in a camp with more cellmates workmates in a mountain at 1.5 hours of the closest civilization, a small city.

Now listening to Heritage by the second time in a row.

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #7 of 171
Sorry guys, I kinda forgot about this thread :D

Quote:
I overslept and missed my spanish class (F spanish anyway) and then I did geology stuff all day. :)

You're in college right? Do you live in America?

Just curious, because I do not want to take any more spanish classes in college. I'm a senior in High School now.

Quote:
I got up at 6 am, and was ready at work at 7. poor me.
it was a normal meh day and the energising drink I had at 9 am gave me sickness. then I worked my ass off all day to support my 2 wives and 5 kids.

Tell Fredrico I said hi.

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 171
I didn't have to go to work today because it is a company holiday.

So I sat in a chair all day and thought about how bored I am.

Normally I don't have this much free time because I have to work most of my time.

Then I thought about what life must me like for someone who lost both their legs.

That person must think all day, I wish I had some legs.

Then I thought about how lucky I was to have both my legs and I should be happy

even though I am so bored and have nothing to do.

If you are reading this and do not have any legs, please do not be offended.

I do not mean this to be personal, this is just what I did all day. 

As sad as this may sounds, I am kind of looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #9 of 171
We're potty training the big guy. This means comforting the little guy when his brother goes into the bathroom and doesn't want a 12-month old companion.

I took the little guy to the mall today. Encountered the Beats display at Brookstone and didn't immediately notice the Soul display adjacent to it. Didn't do any listening. I mean, I'm curious enough, but not nearly patient enough.

At some point in his young life the big guy forgot how to go to sleep. He used to be quite good at settling in and dozing off. Now I'm sitting here in the dark like I'm on a frickin stakeout, waiting to hear his breathing slow down. I'm pretty sure he's counting the minutes until he's gonna sit up very suddenly and start telling no one in particular about Ninja Warrior.

My phone can't join wifi. I am too unconcerned to troubleshoot it. But it does make head-fiing during stakeouts a slow grind.

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #11 of 171

Quote:
I didn't have to go to work today because it is a company holiday.

So I sat in a chair all day and thought about how bored I am.

Normally I don't have this much free time because I have to work most of my time.

Then I thought about what life must me like for someone who lost both their legs.

That person must think all day, I wish I had some legs.

Then I thought about how lucky I was to have both my legs and I should be happy

even though I am so bored and have nothing to do.

If you are reading this and do not have any legs, please do not be offended.

I do not mean this to be personal, this is just what I did all day. 

As sad as this may sounds, I am kind of looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.

You should watch the video I'll link below. Your post very much reminded me of Don Hertzfeldt.

And on that topic, today I spent my first money in a couple weeks and bought his DVD. If you don't have the 18 or so minutes to devote to it, don't bother.

Quote:
We're potty training the big guy. This means comforting the little guy when his brother goes into the bathroom and doesn't want a 12-month old companion.

I took the little guy to the mall today. Encountered the Beats display at Brookstone and didn't immediately notice the Soul display adjacent to it. Didn't do any listening. I mean, I'm curious enough, but not nearly patient enough.

At some point in his young life the big guy forgot how to go to sleep. He used to be quite good at settling in and dozing off. Now I'm sitting here in the dark like I'm on a frickin stakeout, waiting to hear his breathing slow down. I'm pretty sure he's counting the minutes until he's gonna sit up very suddenly and start telling no one in particular about Ninja Warrior.

My phone can't join wifi. I am too unconcerned to troubleshoot it. But it does make head-fiing during stakeouts a slow grind.

My parents told me I was the same way as a kid, and I still have difficulties nodding off to sleep. I never had naps as a kid, since my parents read somewhere that it caused laziness or something, and I remember always lying awake during nap time in Kindergarten. It's funny, as a kid they had a very intense interest in everything I was doing and rigorously planned my activities, and now I am completely separate from them and they have abandoned me. I guess they got tired of me, or at least tired of putting interest into me.

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #12 of 171

Quote:
Today was the first cooler day all summer.

Isn't it fall now? Anyway 6 days into spring and it's 28C (82F).

I was bored so I went over to see what was happening here as it's only a couple of minutes from where I live. Besides the media throng it looked uneventful so I went for a walk around the riverside.

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #13 of 171
Thanks for the post. I think Don and I have the same type of sense of humor.

I wanted to post that the police came to my house and arrested me on Saturday morning.

I stayed in jail hanging out with other criminals until Sunday night when they realized they made a mistake and let me go.

And that is how I spent my weekend. But I don't think anybody that knows me would believe me.

So I came up with that story about sitting in a chair all day.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #14 of 171
Not pretty...sat around all day in my boxers drinking Sam Adams and listening to Warren Zevon on my Pro 900.  Oh yeah, I watched the Jim DeMint Repub Forum from SC and started thinking Michele Bachmann had good legs, but at that point Candy Crowley from CNN looked good too.  
tongue.gif
  I then stopped drinking.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #15 of 171
I was in LA for the long weekend and my nephew's seventh birthday. The party was fun, I got to see the family and also visited the gang at my favorite bar. Good times!

Today, I drove back to Arizona with my father. We got some rain and lightning along the way. I love when it rains in the desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back