What DAP should I get? LF >8gb, Less than 300 AUD, and needs buttons.
Aug 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zilla7777

Head-Fier
Well, I just lost my Ipod Nano 5th Gen 8gb whilst at the gym, and nobody has returned it; so I guess I'm on the hunt for a new DAP. That little thing served me well for years.

What I am looking for is something that has over 8gb of storage, prefereably flash as I enjoy exercising with music. It also needs to have buttons for changing songs (not touch screen) and also have a somewhat decent battery life. I'm hoping for it to not be over 300 Australian Dollars, as I could not afford any more. The nano is all I have known, so sound wise as long as it could compare with it with no EQ I'm sure I'd be happy. As for an amp, I will not need one seeing as I'm only using it with Etymotic HF5's, and I do not listen to music very loud at all.

If anyone could recommend something that suits all or at least most of this criteria, that would be awesome. However, it must have buttons. I just can't tolerate the inconvenience of touch, nor do I need the extra features or gadgets.

Thanks!

As I said, sound warmth and little nuances in the sound it produces will probably be irrelevant to me, as I am not the most "travelled" when it comes to equipment, and do not really have a trained ear to pick out these things. Regardless, I can distinguish between EQ's though. I prefer it with none.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 2
The Sony E464 are great sounding DAPs with realy long battery life and has buttons to operate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back