What closed back headphones to buy next after Audeze LCD-2?
May 2, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #31 of 34
as a compliment to a LCD2 for around $1000
1. Kennerton Magni or Gjallarhorn (or Gjallarhorn JM) You will need to find the Gjallarhorn used for $1000 but Kennerton will best most manufactures sound wise and the build quality and looks are 2nd to none.
2. Used ZMF dynamic headphone (any you can find)
3. Ollo Audio S4X. Unknown for the most part but a very good headphone.
4. Focal Clear Used
5. Hifiman Ananda. Arya used is probably a hair out of your price range and requires a beefy amp.
6. Hyland Audio Jupiter One or Saturn 2. Alex is awesome to work with...great sound and the most comfortable headphone of any headphone suggested to you.

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #32 of 34
Thanks, currently considering ZMF Verite closed, DCA Aeon2 closed. Don’t know much about Kennerton…

where do most of you buy your used headphones? Here on Head-Fi? Ebay?

appreciate the help

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #33 of 34
Thanks, currently considering ZMF Verite closed, DCA Aeon2 closed. Don’t know much about Kennerton…

appreciate the help
I've had really good luck on Head-Fi. Just look for feedback and buy with confidence.

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #34 of 34

appreciate the help
The Verite is great. If you don't want to break the bank, the DCA Aeon2 Noire has a better tuning, imo, needing less to no EQ / filters. I've actually found it to have a great pairing with JDS Labs Element II. Honestly, it's my favorite "simple" combo to date over a lot of years. I still love the LCD-XC for detail and vibrancy, but find the Noire, with the juice of the E-II, to be a bit on the smoother side of things, which, combined with how comfortable they are, is a win for overall experience.

Though I buy used stuff here and there, and have always had a solid experience on head-fi for that, I've found that headphones.com has great deals (open box) and incredible support (apos.audio) not far behind, and JDS Labs has one of the best support reputations in the biz (with some b-stock available here and there). I just find the support to be worth a few extra bucks, plus I'm less prone to just buy quickly to "try something out" and ask a few more questions. Again, all just my $.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back