What cheap amp to be paired with Phonak PFEs?
Oct 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ok1907

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. I would like to buy a portable amp to feed my pfe 111's. I have been thinking about fiio e7 and have seen that they are good. If you have better suggestions please let me know. I'm willing to spend up to $100. By they way, I like e7 because of the dac+amp combination. I am planning to use it as dac when I go out with my netbook. So, please comment about the sq of its dac too. Thanks in advance.

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 8
Hi mate, sorry if i ask, I've seen you own a E5. How good is the combination PFE+E5? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 8
I am using iBasso T3 with PFE and RE0 and they work well together. Typically, I engage both gain switches in T3 for them. PFE's bass gains in quantity, but other than that I don't remember any notable changes in signature. It sounds pretty good when properly amped, though I doubt whether it does that with E5.

Oct 21, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Hi mate, sorry if i ask, I've seen you own a E5. How good is the combination PFE+E5? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi. I am not able to test right now because I lost my e5 and e3
smile.gif
But I'm pretty sure that it would be a good combination
smile_phones.gif

@esanthosh thanks for the advice. I will be searching on it.

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #8 of 8
From what I am told the T3 is a better built amp.  When I purchased my T4, the T3 was out of production, but iBasso has since brought it back.  I told my T4 a while ago, but I have plans on purchasing a T3 shortly.

I thought my T4 was a good amp for the price/size, so I'm sure I will be pleased with the T3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back