What car would the K701 be?
Apr 3, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! You can just feel the love. LoL. I think most of the 70x hate is because if you don't hate the 70x you're not Head-Fi 'cool'. It's very hipster to dislike the 70x. Since I've always been a contrarian and never cared what others thought, I disagree with all the negativity. So my car is the Alfa Romeo Spider.

Well the logic is that the majority of the senior guys with experience hate it so it must be bad right? Then you have this desire to look knowledgeable so you start to bash everything they bash even though you have no experience with it. After all, there is this innate drive to post more as post count is closely related with e-pen right?

My take on the K701 is that it's no where near as bad as people will have you believe. Yes it's analytical. Yes it is bass light. Yes it has a huge sound stage. These 'flaws' are as much of a pro as they are a con. Whoopie fricken do. Join the hate wagon if you need to feel cool.

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Wow! You can just feel the love. LoL. I think most of the 70x hate is because if you don't hate the 70x you're not Head-Fi 'cool'. It's very hipster to dislike the 70x. Since I've always been a contrarian and never cared what others thought, I disagree with all the negativity. So my car is the Alfa Romeo Spider.

I don't hate it. I haven't even heard it. I just wanted to make fun of it
k701smile.gif

It's such a polarized headphone. There's vast amounts of unjustified hate, but just as much unrequited love. Polarized headphones are easiest to make fun of. Well, those and universally despised ones like Skullcandy, Bose, and Beats (the Big Three).

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #34 of 58
Quote:

Naahhh, the REAL Head-fi Smarmy Dennis Miller-esque Too-cool-for-the-room cool is to make fun of all the uneducated nitwits who buy expensive "top-of-the-line" phones when all the bitchin' dudes know that the entry level phones are much superior and the expensive jobs are just a way to seperate the rubes from their cash.
k701smile.gif

Kevin

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #36 of 58
00-02 Honda S2000. Quick, precise, edgy, and fun. Good horsepower from a 2 liter, not much torque and super high redline. Can get a little wearing on the ears and butt if you are not used to it.

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by k3oxkjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Naahhh, the REAL Head-fi Smarmy Dennis Miller-esque Too-cool-for-the-room cool is to make fun of all the uneducated nitwits who buy expensive "top-of-the-line" phones when all the bitchin' dudes know that the entry level phones are much superior and the expensive jobs are just a way to seperate the rubes from their cash.
k701smile.gif

Kevin

So, Team Mid-Fi?

Man, this hobby sucks. You're a snob and a prick for buying HD800s and T1s and O2s, and a hipster for sticking with the KSC75s and SR60is and HD555s.

I'm going back to computers. At least that way you know you'll always just be a nerd.

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #38 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't hate it. I haven't even heard it. I just wanted to make fun of it
k701smile.gif

It's such a polarized headphone. There's vast amounts of unjustified hate, but just as much unrequited love. Polarized headphones are easiest to make fun of. Well, those and universally despised ones like Skullcandy, Bose, and Beats (the Big Three).

tongue.gif
yes we like to make fun of things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RAV4 = K701
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/member...e4785-rav4.jpg
K701 = Lots of cargo room, Very practical, Priced right
wink.gif

I'm surprised by your post because it's actually good.
redface.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #39 of 58
I would call the K701 the 1999-2001 honda civic SI (USA SI)

Its got a great little engine that can wind out to amazingly high rpms, but sadly dosnt do anything below a certain engine speed. Its nifty if you can keep the engine "in VTEC" but up to that point its just another civic.

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif
yes we like to make fun of things.

I'm surprised by your post because it's actually good.
redface.gif

Lmao! That was my exact thought.
smily_headphones1.gif

As for my like of 70x, it's because I happen to prefer them over everything I've heard and suit my listening style. I'm far from a fanboy like some of the others hear. If I found a headphone I liked better then that would be my favorite. I'm certainly open minded to new phones. If you read my posts you'll see I try to be balanced. That's something some here on Head-Fi lack I think.

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #42 of 58
Quote:

As for my like of 70x, it's because I happen to prefer them over everything I've heard and suit my listening style. I'm far from a fanboy like some of the others hear. If I found a headphone I liked better then that would be my favorite. I'm certainly open minded to new phones. If you read my posts you'll see I try to be balanced. That's something some here on Head-Fi lack I think.

Too many fanbois on Head-Fi touting their Headphone-of-the-moment. I can think of so many, it's not funny.
wink.gif

What's more frustrating is they love to criticise other HOTM guys even though they do the EXACT same thing with their gear. Lunacy!

Apr 4, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too many fanbois on Head-Fi touting their Headphone-of-the-moment. I can think of so many, it's not funny.
wink.gif

What's more frustrating is they love to criticise other HOTM guys even though they do the EXACT same thing with their gear. Lunacy!

I think I already know the next FOTM.
smily_headphones1.gif
any bets?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back