What Can I Get With My $350? (Considering Q701 and HD 650)
Feb 17, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #46 of 51

I'm leaning toward returning the X2s at this point. Even though they are tanfastic. The momentum's have the added capability of travel (though I most likely wont wear them out too often) and are more comfortable. They do have that closed sound though (which is why im tempted to give the hd 600s a try). 

If I amplify the momentum's too much via the Fulla, is it possible to damage them? 

Why would you return them for examination?

Does the itchiness go away?

The crackles you mentioned. I'm pretty sure that crackling (and "pops") sound is never  a good sign. See if they return in a few days. You should keep headphones at listening level (if you can hear it just fine, the cans can stand it). 

The HD600 is significantly more refined than the Momentum, but they do need good amping (not just power but synergy as well).

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #47 of 51
I think many will agree with you regarding amping hd600 but there are also many that'll disagree.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #48 of 51
A quick update.

Through a complicated order of events I have been able to extensively test the Philips X2s, the Beyerdynamic 770 Pros (250ohm), the Seinheiser Momentums, Bose QuietComfort 20s, and the HD600s. I plan on writing my amateur impressions of each headphone as soon as I get the time. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #51 of 51
  Long story short though...

The HD600s (with the fulla DAC/AMP) are so much better than any other phones I've tried IMHO.

Cool, man! I'm getting the beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition 660 Ω (aka Premium 600 Ω), along with the Fulla (it can apparently drive them!) to use with it and my JVC HA-SZ2000. So I've got both audiophile and basshead bases covered. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back