What Britney Spears really sounds like live
May 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would rather watch Alizee lipsync myself.
wink.gif
Alizee sounds crap live too.

Lipsync
YouTube - alizee

Live
YouTube - Alizée - Toc de Mac (Live - En Concert 2004)

I would watch alizee do pretty much anything. unbelievable.

May 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omerta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this a joke? she can't be that bad

now, while I do hate brits voice, and calling her a singer is a joke, I will throw her a bone. when lip syncing, no one bothers really trying to sing well. You just try to SHOW passion and emotion. so that is part of it. the other part is that she is dancing around a lot. no one can sing when they are out of breath.

The long and the short is that you dont need to sing if your lip syncing. the most important thing is to stay with your cue track in your monitor, so at least it looks kinda real.

she still sucks, but I'll watch her dance.

May 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #19 of 33
No, you can get singers who dance, but they are trained for it.

Ever see broadway or a Musical? I performed in my high shcool musicals and we would dance and sing at the same time. It had to sound good.

Britt can't sing. Even studio recordings prove this. I only ever liked "baby one more time" and that was when I was in middle school. Say what you want about boy bays, but at least the backstreet boys and Nsync of teh same era could somewhat sing.

May 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, you can get singers who dance, but they are trained for it.

Ever see broadway or a Musical? I performed in my high shcool musicals and we would dance and sing at the same time. It had to sound good.

I must disagree. Singers can dance (move) a bit and still be able to sing. but is your dancing like brit, I doubt it. All you have to do is run a couple laps around a track, then try to sing something well. You might be able to get by, but it wont be up to par. I do not believe you can learn to sing when out of breath.

I have done quite a few musicals as well, and usually the big dance numbers are placed where singing wont be as exposed. IE: group or choral numbers. and even if the lead is involved in the scene, their dancing is "usually" slightly easier, till they are done singing. at least thats the way its done if you have a smart director.

May 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #21 of 33
While there is no doubt that Britney a) lip syncs, and b) sounds bad live, I am fairly certain that video is fake and the voice has been dubbed.

May 8, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While there is no doubt that Britney a) lip syncs, and b) sounds bad live, I am fairly certain that video is fake and the voice has been dubbed.

Really? why do you say that? I am genuinely intrigued!

May 9, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? why do you say that? I am genuinely intrigued!

probably cause the singing is so bad.......

HOWEVER, i know someone that works with britney and she does in fact sing like that when she's dancing. She's certainly more capable of good singing when not exerting her body......however, she's NO singer.

May 9, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #25 of 33
This isn't the first leak of the "mic sound" of a singer while on stage. Considering she has to move about a lot, I'm not surprised she lip-syncs. As well, before singing on stage, a singer would have to do a fair bit of warming up to sing well.

May 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #26 of 33
Regardless of whether she can sing or not, she has fine writers writing songs for her (or had...) that know how to make a number 1. She needs all the money she can get to pay someone to take care of her kids, because lord knows she isnt.

May 9, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say what you want about boy bays, but at least the backstreet boys and Nsync of teh same era could somewhat sing.

You don't believe those dancing nancies actually sang live, do you?
tongue.gif

May 9, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #28 of 33
It bothers me somewhat that canned music has become so commonplace at "live concerts". I mean, even if she just stood up there on stage and belted out the songs as best she could (and I'm sure it would sound every bit as good as a high school musical if she did), it would bother me that there isn't some live tour band instead of backing tracks.

We get big time singers to do national anthem at a major event, and they aren't even singing... what is that? Or at the music award shows, how ironic. But at least in that case the people still get to watch the event. At a concert you just go and listen to some tape pumped through a PA while people pretend to sing or make electronic music or whatever... seems kind of lame. I'd rather go to a jazz concert or a symphony than this kind of "live performance" from my favorite studio musicians.

Sorry for the rant.

May 9, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #29 of 33
If I had my testicles squeezed in a vice and a red hot poker stuck up my a*** I would still sound better than B Spears
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regardless of whether she can sing or not, she has fine writers writing songs for her (or had...) that know how to make a number 1. She needs all the money she can get to pay someone to take care of her kids, because lord knows she isnt.

Don't they use computers now to write No. 1 songs for them? You just enter the song style you want the instruments you want to use etc. and out pops a No. 1 song based on what most people find pleasing to the ear. I've read there are such software programs available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back