What Britney Spears really sounds like live
May 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 33
Yeah, at least Bob Dylan still gives us the real deal. Say what you want about his voice...

In sort of a semi-deserved fairness to Britney, if she knows that her voice is not being projected to the audience, chances are she's just humming along to make sure her lips are in sync. Thus, she isn't really trying to sing so much as lip sync. Notice that she skips parts and says other irrelevant stuff when her back is turned to the main audience, which probably indicates that she's confident that her back will be on camera during those segments.

What I'm getting at is that what we're hearing isn't intended to be her "best" singing voice because she's mostly focused on getting her lips synced and of course the choreography. Right before she speaks to the audience, she's hearing the producer say, "3-2-1, you're on" in her IEMs. So the rest of it isn't really the best way to judge her voice.

Although saying that, it's still pretty scary! Especially those parts where she actually seems to be singing her heart out.

May 7, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #5 of 33
Yea, I know she is not trying very hard but she is not even in tune to a lot of it. I also realize performers like her have to lip sync because you can't move around like that and sing well at the same time. It's pretty cool how the guy was able to isolate just her voice from all the other sounds going on. What software would one use to do that?

May 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #7 of 33
That made my day.

May 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 33
Just horrible!
But as mentioned she probably don't put much into it since she's fully aware that it will not be heard by the crowd.

May 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is she lip syncing to her recording in concerts?

Yeah, that sounds horrible.

you seriously thought anyone could dance like that and sing at the same time?

you have a choice, to listen to spears sing, or watch her dance. I will always pick the latter over the former. If I went to a concert, and she just sang, I would leave. lol.

May 7, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, I know she is not trying very hard but she is not even in tune to a lot of it. I also realize performers like her have to lip sync because you can't move around like that and sing well at the same time. It's pretty cool how the guy was able to isolate just her voice from all the other sounds going on. What software would one use to do that?

She has a functioning microphone that she uses to talk to the crowd. at least thats real. Isolating and recording her mic at the board is very easy. no software needed.

May 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #12 of 33
Someone at the mixer panel must have recorded it and uploaded it then. She msut be really pissed about that. I thought maybe someone had used software to isolate her voice from the mix.

May 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you seriously thought anyone could dance like that and sing at the same time?

you have a choice, to listen to spears sing, or watch her dance. I will always pick the latter over the former. If I went to a concert, and she just sang, I would leave. lol.

I would rather watch Alizee lipsync myself.
wink.gif
Alizee sounds crap live too.

Lipsync
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM

Live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26EKk...x=0&playnext=1

May 8, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably a recorder plugged into the mixing board, with her channel sent out solo on a bus.

Whatever happened to singers singing while dancers danced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back