What book are you reading right now?
Jan 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #2,716 of 5,346
n381190.jpg

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #2,717 of 5,346
Quote:
I've just begun (this very night) my ambitious plan to read Robert Burton's 'The Anatomy of Melancholy' from cover to cover--I fully expect that this will take me at least sixth months on my current schedule to complete, if not longer! Still, even having never actually read it in its entirety, it's usually what I tell people my favorite book is, as you can open it up to any page and begin reading and quickly become bedazzled and completely entranced by what's on the page. If I had to reduce my entire library to only two or three books, this would without doubt be the one book I wouldn't even consider getting rid of--even Shakespeare, The Red Book, Homer, Moby Dick, The Tale of Genji, Ulysses, and The Collected Works of Borges would all disappear before The Anatomy.

I've always said the same kind of thing about James Joyce's Finnegans Wake, the ultimate "desert island book".

One of my favorite analyses of it is "Surfing on Finnegans Wake & Riding Range With Marshall McLuhan" by Terence McKenna and Marshall McLuhan...

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #2,718 of 5,346
I love Finnegan's Wake--but only if I have a partner to read out loud with. I find it loses something if you're not reading out loud. Someday I hope to actually read that one cover-to-cover as well... maybe after the Anatomy? Lol.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #2,720 of 5,346
Jan 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #2,721 of 5,346
[size=small]A Short History of Nearly Everything[/size][size=small] [/size]

[size=small]Bill Bryson[/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTiIIcxHFbo

[size=small]- Profound, sometimes funny, and always supremely clear and entertaining [/size][size=small]...[/size]

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #2,722 of 5,346

Yes! 23 years!!

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #2,724 of 5,346
I love books, I finished the Maze Runner trilogy last month, which was FANTASTIC, then I got into Manga! I LOVE it, I had a 22 hour reading marathon of Ichigo 100%, and have since been reading Love Hina, which is great, but reading it at school is real difficult! :wink:

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #2,727 of 5,346
Quote:
I love books, I finished the Maze Runner trilogy last month, which was FANTASTIC, then I got into Manga! I LOVE it, I had a 22 hour reading marathon of Ichigo 100%, and have since been reading Love Hina, which is great, but reading it at school is real difficult!
wink.gif

Very cool, I recommend Rurouni Kenshin, my fav. Kenshin is an inspiring dude.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #2,728 of 5,346
I love books, I finished the Maze Runner trilogy last month, which was FANTASTIC, then I got into Manga! I LOVE it, I had a 22 hour reading marathon of Ichigo 100%, and have since been reading Love Hina, which is great, but reading it at school is real difficult! :wink:

Very cool, I recommend Rurouni Kenshin, my fav. Kenshin is an inspiring dude.
Thanks for the recommendation, will try it out! :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back