What book are you reading right now?
Jan 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #1,816 of 5,348

Quote:
I'm re-reading "You Can't Win," by Jack Black.

No, not the actor, but a guy born in 1871 who was a hobo and professional thief. It's his autobiography and one of the best books you've never heard of. William Burrough's favorite book, as well.

I won't spoil the joy of reading it with details. If you want a very, very interesting account of criminal life from 100 years ago, find a copy. You won't be able to put it down.

Just bought this one from Amazon - sounds incredible! Thanks for the heads up.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #1,822 of 5,348

Quote:
im curious if anyone has read the Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson? ive seen the first book, Quicksilver, at the store so many times, and read tons of good things about it. Im going on a long business trip on friday, and im almost done with the honor harrington series.

I've finished reading the first two books, currently on the third (System of the World). Quicksilver can be quite slow at times, in fact the whole series is a slog. The end part of the second book was really good, almost worth reading the preceding parts, but I would start the series only if you're a real fast reader :wink:

I would read Stephenson's Cryptonomicon instead, which fits his writing style better (asides for aside's sake, pretty much).

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #1,823 of 5,348
Halo-Contact-Harvest-Book-Cover-Final-10july072.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back