What book are you reading right now?
Oct 3, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #1,606 of 5,345
Mogworld_7014.jpg

Oct 3, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #1,608 of 5,345
And Another Thing (Part 6 of 3) by Eoin Colfer (Book 6 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - approved by Douglas Adams' widow). Not far enough in to have a strong opinion one way or another yet...

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #1,611 of 5,345
Recently moved my interests of philosophy from Nietzsche and Heidegger to more modern ones

Recently finished:
Sam Harris - The end of Faith
Sam Harris - Letter to a Christian Nation

Started:
Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

Next on the list:
Richard Dawkins - A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love
Christopher Hitchens - God is not Great

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #1,612 of 5,345

Quote:
Recently moved my interests of philosophy from Nietzsche and Heidegger to more modern ones

Recently finished:
Sam Harris - The end of Faith
Sam Harris - Letter to a Christian Nation

Started:
Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

Next on the list:
Richard Dawkins - A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love
Christopher Hitchens - God is not Great

Great selection! And definitely lends credence to your name.
tongue_smile.gif

Out of your list, I've read "Letter to a Christian Nation",  and "God Delusion", and really enjoyed both. I am also currently reading Dawkins' "The Blindwatchmaker" when I'm not reading the aforementioned "Wuthering Heights".

You should also check out Hitchens' "The Missionary Position", which is an expose of Mother Teresa. It was quite the eye opener.

Oct 4, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #1,616 of 5,345
I've read some things about her, all I can say is WOW!  She didn't just love helping the suffering, she simply loved the suffering and thought it was just, necessary and a virtue to suffer... how sad.
Quote:
You should also check out Hitchens' "The Missionary Position", which is an expose of Mother Teresa. It was quite the eye opener.

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #1,617 of 5,345
Hey guys I'm new to head-fi. I would recommend anything by Irvine welsh (especially Trainspotting, Glue or Marabou Stork Nightmares) and The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Read these books recently and they enlighten and entertain...

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #1,618 of 5,345
Not really a Book per say but I just had to read, The Rolling Stone "The BEATLES 100 Greatest Songs"..............Interesting Facts, If you've been a Beatles Fan........

Oct 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #1,619 of 5,345
just finished these two books.as you can see,i am a fan of Lisa Gardner.very enjoyable and nice suspense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back