What book are you reading right now?
Jul 13, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #1,159 of 5,364
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Douglas Adams was a master! HGTTG is a great read.

Looks like Amazon's reviews were right this time
biggrin.gif
. I need to get reading. I was saving it for last, tbh. I'm reading "Our Town" first since it's short and not that bad. I need to get into it though. I'm in the second page
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #1,160 of 5,364
I have to confess - I do almost ALL of my pleasure "reading" using audio books. They have saved my sanity on long daily travel by planes, trains and automobiles. They have also allowed me to keep enjoying fiction, even when my eyes are tired from staring at computer monitors for too long. But, I can't read and listen to audio books at the same time - my brain just won't process both information streams. While listening to an audio books I can do mindless activities, like drive in traffic or play spider solitaire, but I can't read the newspaper, work on a spreadsheet or browse web pages. For that, I need to use music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #1,161 of 5,364
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to read that but it's probably way too damn hard for me to read at this time. I read an excerpt from it and it seemed interesting though.

I just read American Born Chinese (a graphic novel/comic book). It was funny and fun to read.

The hardest part is keeping track of the multitude of characters, most with very long names. It gets difficult at times to remember who is speaking to whom.

Jul 13, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #1,162 of 5,364
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like Amazon's reviews were right this time
biggrin.gif
. I need to get reading. I was saving it for last, tbh. I'm reading "Our Town" first since it's short and not that bad. I need to get into it though. I'm in the second page
tongue.gif

Did somebody say Douglas Adams?

By all means, don't stop at HHGG.
regular_smile .gif

12 October 2009, anyone? 30th anniversary for the first novel, and the publishing of 'And Another Thing…', I simply can't wait.

Jul 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #1,164 of 5,364
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like I need to get reading. Page 1 is pretty good!

The Dirk Gently series is also a good read.

I really enjoy Eoin Colfer, so I am also looking forward to "And Another Thing..." "Artemis Fowl", "The Wish List", etc is some of the best juvenile/young adult fiction I have ever read.

And if you like bizarre British satire (and who doesn't!) don't forget the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. But please, regardless of what people will tell you - read them in order!

Jul 14, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #1,167 of 5,364
I am reading the Brief and Wondrous life of Oscar Woa, I wish this would have been assigned in high school, the descriptions are amazing.

There are 2 books everyone should read, but they aren't what I would call lite. Both are by David Foster Wallace, one is Infinite Jest, the other is Oblivion. Really important, for all ages, but it particularly resonated with me as I read it right when I started freshman year of college.

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #1,168 of 5,364
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am reading the Brief and Wondrous life of Oscar Woa, I wish this would have been assigned in high school, the descriptions are amazing.

I love this book so much. Been through it several times and love it more every time. Drown is also great if you want more from Diaz.

Reading Summerland by Michael Chabon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back