What book are you reading right now?
Jun 12, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #5,266 of 5,346
Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 09.53.46.png
Quite technical about the methods used in the recording studios, starting with
the album "Revolver" and continuing to the end. No wonder they couldn't play
those songs live ... they were all overdubbed. :)

Jun 26, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #5,274 of 5,346
The Three Magical Books of Solomon
👿♉🌕🧙‍♂️🧞‍♂️🕴️:skull::ring:

threeinone.jpg

"The Key of Solomon the King is the most famous and most significant of all known grimoires, or ancient spellbooks. Much of Western magical tradition rests on the book's charts of planetary alignments, doctrines about angels and spirits, and information on talismans endowed with magic properties. The grimoire of ceremonial magic recounts how King Solomon bested some demons using a magic ring that had been given to him by the Archangel Raphael."

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Magical-Books-Solomon-Illustrated-ebook/dp/B0953YT4L7

Jun 28, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #5,275 of 5,346
530903.jpg

Along with about 6 others, because I have a habit of starting too many books and working through them slowly.

Jun 28, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #5,276 of 5,346
Carrion Comfort.
Second read decades later, but this time in English. I usually get roasted when I say it's my favorite Dan Simmons book, the Hyperion crew just won't have it. How dare I be a bigger fan of the wrong books????? ^_^
Well the Hyperion series is cool, creative, entertaining, all that, while Carrion comfort has Requiem for a Dream level of disturbing. For me, it just was a stronger emotional experience, and I'm feeling it all over again on this second occasion. Who doesn't like a nice little psychological trauma from time to time, as entertainment? :anguished:

Jul 23, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #5,280 of 5,346
Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 12.45.11.png
Will be my 4th perspective on the lads' history. So far, they're all a bit different.
Thanks @DLeeWebb for the idea.
And in the end ... the Spitz was my favorite of the four Beatles books. The Lewisohn "Tune In" was great at covering their young lives, then Spitz went all the way through until 1970 and the breakup. Afterword, Mr. Spitz wrote about how difficult the work was - at least seven years of research - because the facts just aren't well documented. He said that Paul told him that their "official" biography, by Hunter Davies, was maybe 65% true. Spitz used some of Davies' material but tried to verify it through interviews if the sources were still alive. Net - it's a grim story. The Beatles' early days were a hoot, even in Hamburg (!) and making their early studio albums with George Martin, but later when Beatlemania took hold things turned uber chaotic and caustic. The ending is actually very sad. So now, I'll file the details away in my mind and listen to their albums starting at the beginning ... and I'm sure they will sound different this time. It helps knowing the back story. Thanks again, Doug, for the recommendation.

My next books will be this series by Mr. Sinclair. There are 11 Lanny Budd novels in all.
Lanny Budd.png
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back