What book are you reading right now?
Sep 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #3,077 of 5,348
  Do you like it? Is it worth reading? 

Quote:

If you have been satisfied with Dan Brown's previous books, I have little doubt that you would consider "Inferno" worth reading...Personally, I'm so used to non-fiction that I blow through these novels quickly and they seem like a vacation. It is interesting the way Brown and the characters use Dante as prophecy to create the drama. I can see this being an interesting movie...

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3,078 of 5,348

If you have been satisfied with Dan Brown's previous books, I have little doubt that you would consider "Inferno" worth reading...Personally, I'm so used to non-fiction that I blow through these novels quickly and they seem like a vacation. It is interesting the way Brown and the characters use Dante as prophecy to create the drama. I can see this being an interesting movie...

Cool thanks! My wife bought the book and I just wanted to be sure not to waste time reading any forgettable book. I'll look forward to get started. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #3,079 of 5,348
never did like dan brown that much, but they are page turners.

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #3,080 of 5,348
  No, but I am a big Neitzsche fan and its on my list. Keep me updated if its good?

I arrived at page 162 right now and I don't really like this book, kind of boring, although I do have a long time interest in the works of mr. Nietzsche..

Maybe it is because this is the third book in a row I'm reading from Yalom, so I don't rule out the possibility I've been exposed to a Freudian overload..
blink.gif

I'll give this book one more go in a few month..

In my opinion 'The Schopenhauer Cure' and 'The Spinoza Problem' are considerably better, but maybe because I prefer Schopenhauer and Spinoza in general above Nietzsche, so it's very personal..

Cheers ..

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #3,081 of 5,348

I arrived at page 162 right now and I don't really like this book, kind of boring, although I do have a long time interest in the works of mr. Nietzsche..

Maybe it is because this is the third book in a row I'm reading from Yalom, so I don't rule out the possibility I've been exposed to a Freudian overload..
blink.gif

I'll leave this book one more go in a few month..

In my opinion 'The Schopenhauer Cure' and 'The Spinoza Problem' are considerably better, but maybe because I prefer Schopenhauer and Spinoza in general above Nietzsche, so it's very personal..

Cheers ..

thanks for the update, maybe you should try schopenhauer's telescope as well it was written by an Irish guy, I really liked it. Actually it was an amazing read. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #3,083 of 5,348
  Thanks! Looks interesting, just ordered a copy 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

that was some quick decision making, I hope you like it, I loved it. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #3,084 of 5,348
Just started this. It has been on the back burner for some time, finally getting to read it. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #3,086 of 5,348
Brandon Sanderson just won the Hugo Award for Sci Fi and fantasy. Well done Brandon

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #3,087 of 5,348
  Brandon Sanderson just won the Hugo Award for Sci Fi and fantasy. Well done Brandon

I am just finishing "The Way of Kings" This one is next up.

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #3,090 of 5,348

Ring the bells that still can ring,
Forget your perfect offering.
There's a crack in everything,
That's how the light gets in.

Leonard Cohen

IMO, top 5 fiction series for mysteries ever. Start with the first. My only regret in reading this book is, it may be the last.   Hooray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back