What book are you reading right now?
Aug 2, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2,086 of 5,353

Quote:
what disorder do you have when your addicted to HeadPhoneAmp-itus

Probably Obsessive-Compulsive with a co-morbidity of Self-Defeating (if it wasn't deleted from the DSM-IV)
tongue.gif

Ha, I'm glad I don't have that.

*must.. find.. new amp* 

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #2,087 of 5,353

Watched the show on HBO and I was blown away....so now I've begun the books.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #2,092 of 5,353
Paul Auster: Leviathan

Great book!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.175987,9.057661

Aug 12, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #2,095 of 5,353
Ooo Game of Throne Fans too. Yeah saw the series, and started to read the first book. I'm well over 300 pages into the book and I've found only one deviation from what was shown in the series on HBO. A friend of mine told me that they cut out a lot of material in the second half of the book. I also have to admit that I'm having a harder time reading than watching the series. I figured with the amount of recommendations the books have received that the writing would be much better. The writing is a little choppy and light, there are moments when it feels like it should go into more depth and do a better job describing certain things and it simply doesn't. I find myself referring back to the tv series as a means of keeping the story in a nice continuous flow in my head. I will admit that I kind of like the style of having the story portrayed by 3rd person views on particular characters but it almost feels like that is the cause of the unintended "choppy" feel of the book. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back