Grateful Dead - That's It for the Other One
Dead Kennedys - Riot Song
X - Johnny Hit and Run Pauline

Apr 16, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #47 of 112
VicAjax said:

Hüsker Dü - "Celebrated Summer"
fIREHOSE - "Brave Captain"

Dude,
those are like, two of my most favorite songs ever.

NDR is just.. godlike of course, and RAGIN' is just, well, think of the circumstances that led to the creation of that album. I know that fROMOHIO and IF'N were a bit more mature, my favorite fIREHOSE is still RAGIN' FULL ON. Just the idea of this guy fROMOHIO going out there and getting Watt and Hurley to keep on keepin' on.. that's always gets me.. and the Ed was such a great singer/guitarist in his own right.. just an amazing story.

oh.. and have you heard the live version of "Celebrated Summer" from THE LIVING END? Man, after the quiet middle part, the band comes back in, louder and louder, then Bob just nails that line.. "Do you Remember when the first snowfall fell? When summer barely had a snowball's chance in hell?" awesome. I totally get chills evertime I hear that.. I got to hear Bob play that song last year.. and a few other golden oldies like "Chartered Trips" and "Too Far Down" and "Makes No Sense at All" plus a bunch of his newer stuff. Great set, just Bob and his guitar..

-jar

Apr 16, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #48 of 112
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks
Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow
Slayer - South of Heaven (live version)

The neighbours probably don't like me too much when I crank it.

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #49 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks

This is definitely the ultimate crank it up song for me, as well as being a how-to guide to playing rock harmonica. Zep really had something going with this song.

Another tune I always crank up is The Zoo by the Scorpions. This song just begs to be played loud. Nothing but simple rock and roll. You've gotta love it.

MJ

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #50 of 112
NIN: Happiness in Slavery
Rob D: Clubbed to Death (I usually listen to this beautiful Instramental before I go out)
White Zombie: Electric Head: The Agony (Pt. 1)
Rammstein: Sonne
Metallica: One

Of course that is a very short list when you have a pair of SVS subs flanking the couch
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #51 of 112
Mountain: Mississippi Queen ("This Album was meant to be played LOUD"--says so right on the jacket)
k1000smile.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 10:14 AM Post #52 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
*sniff* did I just read someone dissing AC/DC? bah! AC/DC RULES! RUGBY RULES! *lights self on fire while eating trash from a can*

How'd you know about the trash can incident?

Apr 16, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #53 of 112
Metallica-Damage Inc.
Metallica-Sanitarium
Atreyu-A Song For The Optimists
From Autumn To Ashes-The After Dinner Payback
Metallica-Blackened\
This list could go on for a long, long time.........

Apr 16, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #54 of 112
Ministry - Jesus build my hotrod
Revolting Cocks - Get down
Skinny Puppy - Assimilate
Laibach - Leben heißt Leben
Dupont - Motel lover

Apr 16, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #55 of 112
Masonjar said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax

Hüsker Dü - "Celebrated Summer"
fIREHOSE - "Brave Captain"

Dude,
those are like, two of my most favorite songs ever.

NDR is just.. godlike of course, and RAGIN' is just, well, think of the circumstances that led to the creation of that album. I know that fROMOHIO and IF'N were a bit more mature, my favorite fIREHOSE is still RAGIN' FULL ON. Just the idea of this guy fROMOHIO going out there and getting Watt and Hurley to keep on keepin' on.. that's always gets me.. and the Ed was such a great singer/guitarist in his own right.. just an amazing story.

i saw them play in london when i was an exchange student. i didn't realize how homesick i was... i gave mike watt a big hug after the show (i was on the sauce)... he probably thought i was loony.

Quote:

oh.. and have you heard the live version of "Celebrated Summer" from THE LIVING END? Man, after the quiet middle part, the band comes back in, louder and louder, then Bob just nails that line.. "Do you Remember when the first snowfall fell? When summer barely had a snowball's chance in hell?" awesome. I totally get chills evertime I hear that.. I got to hear Bob play that song last year.. and a few other golden oldies like "Chartered Trips" and "Too Far Down" and "Makes No Sense at All" plus a bunch of his newer stuff. Great set, just Bob and his guitar..

very cool... i had no idea he was pulling old husker songs off the shelf. of course, i haven't seen him play since pre-sugar. i saw the flip your wig and the warehouse tours... both fantastic, the second one sad because their manager had just committed suicide and you could tell it was the end.

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #58 of 112
Queensryche - Operaion: Mindcrime - The Mission.
Just about every time it gets to "I look around, my room is filled candles/Each one a story, but they end the same", I reach for the knob, but it's usually all the way up by then.
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger - Slaves and Bulldozers
One of the hardest songs EVER.
JCS - Simon Zealots/Poor Jerusalem
"Heal yourselves!"
Queensryche - The Warning - No Sanctuary
Queensryche - Empire - Della Brown

Honorable ear killers:
Queensryche - Empire (remastered) - Scarburough Fair
Faith No More - The Real Thing - Zombie Eaters
Rainbow - Rising - Stargazer
Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Alan Poe - The Fall of the House Of Usher
Ozzy Osbourne - Live & Loud - Mr. Crowley

Apr 24, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #59 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
What exactly was so great about AC/DC? The lead singer (the 2nd one especially) had an abnoxious voice, the drummer wasn't good, bass player was on par - the guitarist was great but it didn't go well with the other instruments.

I also cant' seem to find AC/DC songs catchy. They're just annoying and loud...

<Puts on heavy-duty flame suit three sizes too large>

Your not the only one so its okay
smily_headphones1.gif

My top 5 .. hmm, well ill just post the top ones

Edenbridge - Shine
Alice in Chains - No Excuses (Unplugged)
Angels of Venice - Lionheart
Iron Maiden - Aces High
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Iron Maiden - Moonchild
Iron Maiden - Futureal
scarling. - The Last Day I Was Happy
White Zombie - Thunderkiss '65

LOUDER, LOUDER!

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #60 of 112
1. Metallica - (so many possibilities, but probably...) ...and Justice for All;
2. Dream Theater - About to Crash;
3. Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning;