what are your other hobbies besides audio??
Feb 6, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #61 of 156
me.jpg

I actually spend more time at the track than at the dunes.

Feb 6, 2005 at 7:35 AM Post #62 of 156
Sportbikes. Ride 'em, race 'em, love 'em...

BRB_CS_6.jpg

Sylvie_3.jpg

Feb 6, 2005 at 8:41 AM Post #63 of 156
The way I see it, around here you can either ski or have a geeky hobby like audio/hometheatre/computers.

And I'm not into skiing.

Feb 6, 2005 at 9:15 AM Post #64 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer
The way I see it, around here you can either ski or have a geeky hobby like audio/hometheatre/computers.

And I'm not into skiing.

and i don't/can't ski...

well, to sum up my interests, let's just say i wish my computer doesn't weigh a frikkin 45+ lbs...
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #66 of 156
Computers
Anything audio
Electronics tinkering
RC Cars & boats
Weightlifting
Video games (Xbox Live!, PS2, Gamecube, PC)
Cars
Tools (I have over $30,000 worth of Snap On & Mac)

Edit: I forgot to add photography!

Feb 7, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #68 of 156
Fatherhood with my 2.5 year old boy.

mountain biking, volleyball, RC cars, Collecting 80's era Kramer guitars, camping, car audio

Feb 7, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #69 of 156
confused.gif
There are other hobbies besides audio?

Ha ha. Seriously, my other hobbies are live concert recording and telemark ski bumming. <sigh> I love Tahoe.

Feb 8, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #72 of 156
Audio
Fast computers*
Bodyboarding
Competitive driving**
Golf
Photography
Bicycling
Skiing
Hiking
Flying***

*Referring to machines that runs fast as a whole, not just a fast CPU or videocard. Fast RAM and ram timing, 15k SCSI hard drives, bus bandwidth, network optimization, OS tuning, the whole enchilada. I have about seven machines running right now at home, two of them are pretty hot rodded, yet they are not particularly noisey, either. Not into overclocking anymore, since CPUs are pretty cheap anyway. It's satisfying to do some editing on a machine that is very fast, rock solid, and does not sound like a turboprop sitting on the runway.

**Sanctioned, not just driving around town like an ******. Time trials and rallys, mainly.

*** Okay, I have flown on several occasions, but do not hold a liscence, mainly because I cannot afford to fly often enough to maintain it. But I love it, and do it whenever I can, so I consider it a hobby!

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #74 of 156
Road and Mountain bikes (got 13 bikes). Also into computers and heavily into high end car audio years ago.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #75 of 156
I love journaling and using fountain pens. I love just popping my headphones in with some soft hip hop and writing down my thoughts. Clears my head and helps my memory.

MTG is also a huge addiction. Heading to GP Atlanta this weekend with a fringe deck I've been playing/building since 2014. Pretty excited for it

It is obnoxious how expensive these hobbies are lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back