what are your favourite headphone brands?
Dec 30, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #16 of 43
I realllly like the comfort of Audio Technica and Beyer,

I like the sound quality of Sennheiser

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 43

Quote:
I am the ultimate Sennheiser fanboy. Audio Technica would be a distant second though.

i have heard that sennheiser has really good sound but apparently they break easily. is this true?

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #20 of 43

Quote:
Quote:
i have heard that sennheiser has really good sound but apparently they break easily. is this true?

Depends on you..from my experience as well as others..they can take some abuse but treat them like what they cost

alright. i personally think shure headphones have good build quality. yeah they are made out of plastic but tehy are good quality plastic.

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #21 of 43
The only big flaw with the shures were the cables but the newer models have solved that!
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #22 of 43
Dec 30, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #23 of 43

Quote:
Quote:
The only big flaw with the shures were the cables but the newer models have solved that!
biggrin.gif

good to know. but what was the problem they had?

The wires connecting to the earpieces were always fraying as I heard and luckily for most it was covered by warranty..for others some people repaired or remolded them into customs
Im talking iems here..havent heard anything bad about the full size cans though so thats good

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #24 of 43

Quote:
Quote:
I like the look and comfort of AKG.

I like that AT is a Japanese company, and their headphones also look nice (haven't tried the comfort).

I like the performance of Sennheiser.

interesting. do you know any other good japanese headphone companies other then sony pioneer

Stax, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Yamaha, Sansui used to, Final Audio Design, Denon, Fostex, Victor-JVC, and I'm sure a few more.

Haha not to rain on your parade, but have you tried any other nice headphones other than your Shures? Or should we have the Stax mafia tie you to a chair and make you listen to an O2 system?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyways, for me, it's a tossup between Stax (C'mon, do you have to ask?) AKG (Look at all the weird headphones they've made! K240 Sextett and DF, K270/80/90, K340, K501, K1000, etc) and Audio Technica (Just look at the W series and tell me those look ugly. Lusting for a W1000X. If I'm lucky, I'll have one by summer.) And for IEMs, I kinda wanna say Monster. The Coppers are great, but I love the Etymotic ER4s too. Although JH Audio has my respect.

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #25 of 43

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

good to know. but what was the problem they had?

The wires connecting to the earpieces were always fraying as I heard and luckily for most it was covered by warranty..for others some people repaired or remolded them into customs
Im talking iems here..havent heard anything bad about the full size cans though so thats good

thanks looks like i have nothing to worry about as i have the srh750dj cans

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #26 of 43
Send them my way...may be the only way I ever get to listen to them.

Quote:
Or should we have the Stax mafia tie you to a chair and make you listen to an O2 system?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #27 of 43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back