What are your best sources for discovering new music?
Apr 17, 2011 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

baka1969

Chaser of Ghosts
I'm kind of stealing this idea from a thread on the GoN. One of my favorite places is Progarchives.com. I have to say that this forum has given me tons of ideas. I've gotten so much new music ideas from other fellow Head-Fi'ers that I speak to. I've even gotten some ideas from the music channels from the cable company. If I like it I'll buy a CD. It feels good spending money on music and not always on equipment.

So what is your best source for discovering new music?

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #10 of 83
I recently signed up for Mog, but I haven't used it to discover new music, but to listen to an album I discovered somewhere else.

I get a weekly email of new releases from allmusic.com.  The blogs and genre pages on allmusic are pretty good too.

I've discovered quite a bit though Pandora, but I'm getting tired of it because it's so repetitive.

I've discovered a lot over the last year from free downloads from Amazon.com.   I've bought many CDs because of this.  One of my favorites is alphadiabetic which is only available at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_13?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=alphadiabetic&sprefix=alphadiabetic

The forums here are great.  I've spent more on music discovered here than I have on gear.

I've reconnected with friends from the 80s on Facebook and a number of them post music videos of stuff I've never heard before.

Discovering new music has really never been much of a problem for me.  I've been doing it steadily since the late 70s.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #15 of 83
Mog looks interesting. I just signed up for their trial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back