What Are You Listening To RIGHT NOW?
Mar 14, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #77 of 1,005
I really tried to like that album, tanfenton, given that Bill Evans was the Proteus of jazz piano (or Dionysius at the very least). What's you[r] favorite ensemble album, BTW?

Mar 14, 2003 at 7:53 PM Post #80 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
A Charlie Brown Christmas Album. I listen to this thing year-round. Never get tired of it in the least. not the best recording, but very enjoyable.

Now that sounds like a happy album..I will have to check it out.

Mar 14, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #81 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt
I've heard that recording and love it. Didn't they record M.'s Adagio and Fugue for Strings as well?

The CD set of Mozart's string quintets is probably one of my very favorite CD sets.
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't heard the recording to which you refer, but I'll be sure to look it up!

Mar 15, 2003 at 3:27 AM Post #83 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
Now that sounds like a happy album..I will have to check it out.

Please do. It's one of those albums that you can listen to over and over again. It is a Christmas album, but it's the Charlie Brown gang, and some extremely talented artists that play. Vince Gauraldi's piano work is worth the price alone. I lost it for a couple of years, then out of the blue I get a package from someone in Florida I've never heard of before. Strange, but it contained the Charlie Brown Christmas album, nothing else. I still, to this day, have no clue who sent it to me, much less who knew I wanted the album.

Mar 15, 2003 at 6:06 AM Post #88 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Please do. It's one of those albums that you can listen to over and over again. It is a Christmas album, but it's the Charlie Brown gang, and some extremely talented artists that play. Vince Gauraldi's piano work is worth the price alone. I lost it for a couple of years, then out of the blue I get a package from someone in Florida I've never heard of before. Strange, but it contained the Charlie Brown Christmas album, nothing else. I still, to this day, have no clue who sent it to me, much less who knew I wanted the album.

It is a great album!

Mar 15, 2003 at 6:10 AM Post #89 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
I'm listening to some Christian McBride on the RKV. Bass never sounded better.
cool.gif

A little OT, but how's the RKV surgery going there Lextek? That tube amp has some wonderful bass that is tight, deep, and not close to overdone. I love the bass this thing puts out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back