What Are You Listening To RIGHT NOW?
Mar 14, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #65 of 1,005
The Guitar Collection (A Chesky Records compilation) -- Romero Lubambo and Raphael Rabello - Shades of Rio - Crab Peddler

I can hear the men breathing. Never noticed this before. Quite nice, actually, their phrasing. I really like the production on this CD... I'm going to have to look more into other Chesky albums.

Mar 14, 2003 at 7:27 AM Post #68 of 1,005
Right now I'm listening to the Pixies and Modest Mouse (on a mixed MP3 playlist). Just started listening to both bands recently, and they're pretty good!

Mar 14, 2003 at 7:59 AM Post #69 of 1,005
Heh.. the Prince of Egypt soundtrack..

I love Hans Zimmer..
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #70 of 1,005
Modest Mouse - Trailer Trash

Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Right now I'm listening to the Pixies and Modest Mouse (on a mixed MP3 playlist). Just started listening to both bands recently, and they're pretty good!

I've seen a lot of people say that Modest Mouse sounds like the Pixies. Never listened to them though...

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:12 AM Post #71 of 1,005
The Pixies were a big influence on a lot of bands. Nirvana ripped off a great deal of its material from the Pixies (something that led me to withdraw the little respect I had for them int he first place). Weezer was also greatly influenced, despite being very different from Nirvana. And Modest Mouse is also quite different from either of the first two but sometimes sounds similar to the Pixies.

Oh, and by the way, I'm now listening to Mozart's String Quintet in G minor (opus 516) recorded by Le Quatuor Talich on the Calliope label.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 10:23 AM Post #73 of 1,005
A Charlie Brown Christmas Album. I listen to this thing year-round. Never get tired of it in the least. not the best recording, but very enjoyable.

Mar 14, 2003 at 4:23 PM Post #74 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Oh, and by the way, I'm now listening to Mozart's String Quintet in G minor (opus 516) recorded by Le Quatuor Talich on the Calliope label.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've heard that recording and love it. Didn't they record M.'s Adagio and Fugue for Strings as well?

Listening to Barbara Morgenstern: Vermona ET 6-1 (Monica).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back