What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 20, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #47,566 of 136,184
Great! So, what are you listening to right now...?
popcorn.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #47,572 of 136,184

Might move on to this:

I'm in an Opeth kind of mood.
Earlier today I've been through these:

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #47,573 of 136,184
Nitin Sawhney - One-Zero Boxset

It wasn't cheap but it is definitely one of the best vinyl purchases I have ever made, it was recorded at Metropolis in London using PMC and Bryston and cut straight to vinyl, first time since 1973 or something, sounds sublime 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #47,575 of 136,184
anyone know what albums by Frank Sinatra have studio versions of the songs - Mack the knife and the lady is a tramp? I really want to find a good studio version of Mack the knife. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #47,576 of 136,184
I happened upon this accidently on PBS last week. A very good documentary!

+1 I found the footage of the Hendrix performance in Miami and the short segment showing Hendrix playing an acoustic guitar particularly interesting. Can you imagine an MTV Unplugged episode (ala Eric Clapton) with Hendrix doing a more extensive performance of his music on acoustic guitar? That would have been so cool!

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #47,577 of 136,184
  +1 I found the footage of the Hendrix performance in Miami and the short segment showing Hendrix playing an acoustic guitar particularly interesting. Can you imagine an MTV Unplugged episode (ala Eric Clapton) with Hendrix doing a more extensive performance of his music on acoustic guitar? That would have been so cool!

i have always wanted to see hendrix play acoustic. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #47,578 of 136,184
  New docu Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin'

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365112662/

I happened upon this accidently on PBS last week. A very good documentary!

i have always wanted to see hendrix play acoustic. 

Yepa, re: PBS ...(like minds , etc) ...

Did Jimi ever record playing acoustic g ? - Group wish think, I know .
Though , I do agree an unplugged Jimi session would have been VERY interesting, but I believe he was knowingly
 insecure with his vocal performance skill to do so ,  while deriving confidence to sing from the electric wall of sound playing electric affords -
Though on "Wind Cries Mary", for instance, he is of fine voice , IMO  .

Certainly as creative as he was, over time and with age he may have given in to recording an acoustic set perhaps in the 80's MTV unplugged venue even
- unfortunately we will never have that "experience" ;(       

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are You Experienced

[1967 / 1997 remaster]

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #47,579 of 136,184

Are You Experienced

[1967 / 1997 remaster]

I'm expecting to receive the limited edition 200g mono LP (US tracklist and artwork) with all-analogue mastering by Bernie Grundman in the mail this week. 
biggrin.gif

Currently listening to the second episode of the free Tokyo Bliss podcast, which features an hour-long DJ mix by Kyohei Akagawa. Still one of my absolute favorites out of the 34 episodes that have come out thus far. Solid from start to finish.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tokyo-bliss/id417167500

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #47,580 of 136,184
600px-PeopleHellAngels.jpg

Again and again. I can't even imagine the music that he had left in him. All these years later and it is still such a tragic loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back