What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #47,521 of 136,182
May I ask where did you get the first Leb i sol LP ?

Traded (mostly ELP stuff I don't really care for) for a lot of old stuff like Smak, Piloti, with a nice street vendor while I was in Victoria last year, near the Belgian waffle vendor (that's in James Bay, if I recall - locals help me out, it's near the parliament building). They just resurfaced from me thinning everything out over the course of the summer. If I had found Rock Cirkus uploaded on YT I would have added that one in as well.

I actually don't have a table atm, I have a friend rip the stuff, and I keep the LPs for... I should say decorative purposes but I keep them crammed in a closet. I like the aesthetics of a sleeve with nice art on the cover.

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #47,522 of 136,182

Some Gentle Giant to start off the night...

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #47,523 of 136,182
Nov 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #47,524 of 136,182
Meet you in Heaven, Spanish Audiophile Guitar
m903
BUDA
AKG K712 Pro

These headphones really make guitar music shine in ways I have rarely heard.

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #47,525 of 136,182
A basshead's dream, this album........

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #47,526 of 136,182

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #47,528 of 136,182
I've never been able to decide whether I can love this album or not. Twenty One Pilots is an extremely capable and creative alt-rock band, but sometimes the songs in which they rap get a little out of hand on the annoying scale. I love songs like "The Run And Go" and "Trees", but sometimes I feel like skipping "Ode To Sleep" or "Car Radio". I guess it's just one I have to be in the mood for.

Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #47,529 of 136,182
Goin' Old School, and really enjoying the 24-bit FLAC editions...  Wow is this fun; I'm falling in love with the Beatles all over again these are that good!  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 19, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #47,531 of 136,182
  I posted a question about the Led Zeppeling 2007 remastering and didn't get an answer. 

I don't think you were ignored. I think perhaps no one knew the answer. Personally, I enjoy a little Led now and then, but I am not as passionate a fan as you.

I was absolutely thrilled when I discovered Celebration Day. I watched the video on YouTube front to back the night I found it. That was all I needed. I bought the album, still considering purchasing the DVD set. The SQ on that live recording outdoes so many of the other old recordings I've heard, that I just can't imagine much improvement.

I was particularly thrilled listening to Jason Bonham. Amazing performance, all the way down to the bass drum kicks. And mistakes and all, I really enjoyed listening to those Old Men giving what many considered the concert of their lives.

About remasters in general: I've heard some that are nice tune-ups of the originals, and others that are downright re-recordings that are so bad, I find myself skipping the remaster in favor of the original (Genesis: Trick of the Tail comes to mind). The better audio gear that many here are blessed with, really uncovers the flaws in remasters. They really need to be done with some attention to detail. So I for one am a bit skeptical about remasters (even coming from the likes of Mr. Page). But I must admit you have piqued my curiosity. Perhaps I shall give this one a listen.

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #47,532 of 136,182
Just finished listening to this:

Moving on to this:

Can't wait to see them live on December 2nd!
I'm also having a hard time believing they're actually coming to my hometown of Trondheim, Norway! Yay!

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #47,533 of 136,182
I've never been able to decide whether I can love this album or not. Twenty One Pilots is an extremely capable and creative alt-rock band, but sometimes the songs in which they rap get a little out of hand on the annoying scale. I love songs like "The Run And Go" and "Trees", but sometimes I feel like skipping "Ode To Sleep" or "Car Radio". I guess it's just one I have to be in the mood for.

Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Like this album a lot!!!! XD

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #47,534 of 136,182

I don't think you were ignored. I think perhaps no one knew the answer. Personally, I enjoy a little Led now and then, but I am not as passionate a fan as you.

I was absolutely thrilled when I discovered Celebration Day. I watched the video on YouTube front to back the night I found it. That was all I needed. I bought the album, still considering purchasing the DVD set. The SQ on that live recording outdoes so many of the other old recordings I've heard, that I just can't imagine much improvement.

I was particularly thrilled listening to Jason Bonham. Amazing performance, all the way down to the bass drum kicks. And mistakes and all, I really enjoyed listening to those Old Men giving what many considered the concert of their lives.

About remasters in general: I've heard some that are nice tune-ups of the originals, and others that are downright re-recordings that are so bad, I find myself skipping the remaster in favor of the original (Genesis: Trick of the Tail comes to mind). The better audio gear that many here are blessed with, really uncovers the flaws in remasters. They really need to be done with some attention to detail. So I for one am a bit skeptical about remasters (even coming from the likes of Mr. Page). But I must admit you have piqued my curiosity. Perhaps I shall give this one a listen.

Thanks for your input :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back