What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #45,693 of 136,175
in my room with the lights off waiting for an episode of BB to load... Felt like listening to something heavy but with a nice sense of variety and this always does the job 

Code Orange Kids - Love is Love // Return to Dust 

3834_441158002592592_1571536124_n.jpg

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #45,694 of 136,175
  I'm on a major classic rock binge with my Sonos system and NAS which is just letting me-for the first time-pretty much add as much darn music as I could want...like 65,000 tracks. So, I've been putting together an essential rock playlist covering all the stuff I love from the 60's-today. A lot of it is heavy metal-because....I'm a metal addict. But, I like good rock of all sorts. So, this weekend's purchases include:

The Steely Dan love on this site-and give it up-rock centric audiophiles love them some Steely Dan and Pink Floyd above all else IMO-has inspired me to upgrade my SD collection from my one lonely Aja disc......The many SD posts on this 'what are you listening to' directly inspired me to add SD and King Crimson among others.

yeah-OK fine. It's pretty sweet . No, it's really good. A little more refined and mellow than I normally roll, but that's cool.  And, The Royal Scam. Next up will be Pretzel logic. I got 80's recordings. I probably should get the more recent remasters......but the prices were too good at a local mom'n'pop record store.

I'm diggin' SD. Such a classy band. Just a pleasure to listen to. I sill think Aja is one of the best rock records ever recorded. I'm not sure either of them touch Aja in that brilliance.

U2-what can you say. Previously only owned The Joshua Tree which I consider their one essential maserpiece. This is a close second. Great Rock Band. End of story. This is an excellent record.

I was never a big R.E.M. fan. But, their influence on modern rock is without question. AllMusic rates this as their best compilation. It's good. Two discs-second discs demos and rarities.

Van Halen II-essential for any real hard rock collection.
And, hands down one of the great, vital hard rock seminal releases.....give it up. Yes, it's juvenile. That's kinda the point. Loved when I was in middle school and it sounds just as good some 35 + years later.

More of my essential hard rock: Led Z Houses of the Holy....the holy grail...or at least, one of them.

Cheap Trick. I've heard them my whole life (I want you to want me/Live at Budokon.....The Dream Police, Ain't that a Shame, The Flame,  etc.) I did not know they were kicking around as early as '74! Jeeez. One of the groups I always took for granted. They were very influential. This double disc covers a lot of ground. Some of their stuff sounds a little cheesy/pop-but a lot of fun.

Nice 
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #45,696 of 136,175

While not my top pick for violinist, Hahn never ceases to astound me for her fearlessness to step outside the envelope of classical violinist diva and go exploring. Fascinating album.

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #45,697 of 136,175

11:10 pm / Spandau Ballet - Gold
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #45,700 of 136,175
  Diana Krall played The Greek Theater tonight in L.A.  Amazing performance, but I was surprised to see vinyl being sold at the souvenir stand.  I picked up a copy, autographed!

nice

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #45,703 of 136,175
  I'm on a major classic rock binge with my Sonos system and NAS which is just letting me-for the first time-pretty much add as much darn music as I could want...like 65,000 tracks. So, I've been putting together an essential rock playlist covering all the stuff I love from the 60's-today. A lot of it is heavy metal-because....I'm a metal addict. But, I like good rock of all sorts. So, this weekend's purchases include:

The Steely Dan love on this site-and give it up-rock centric audiophiles love them some Steely Dan and Pink Floyd above all else IMO-has inspired me to upgrade my SD collection from my one lonely Aja disc......The many SD posts on this 'what are you listening to' directly inspired me to add SD and King Crimson among others.

81z2OpFewxL._SL1200_.jpg

yeah-OK fine. It's pretty sweet . No, it's really good. A little more refined and mellow than I normally roll, but that's cool.  And, The Royal Scam. Next up will be Pretzel logic. I got 80's recordings. I probably should get the more recent remasters......but the prices were too good at a local mom'n'pop record store.

I'm diggin' SD. Such a classy band. Just a pleasure to listen to. I sill think Aja is one of the best rock records ever recorded. I'm not sure either of them touch Aja in that brilliance.
41FNGT7Y73L.jpg

41W34W8DQ1L._SX300_.jpg

U2-what can you say. Previously only owned The Joshua Tree which I consider their one essential maserpiece. This is a close second. Great Rock Band. End of story. This is an excellent record.

I was never a big R.E.M. fan. But, their influence on modern rock is without question. AllMusic rates this as their best compilation. It's good. Two discs-second discs demos and rarities.

51F5R6lDi1L.jpg

Van Halen II-essential for any real hard rock collection.
41y0hECOVnL.jpg
 And, hands down one of the great, vital hard rock seminal releases.....give it up. Yes, it's juvenile. That's kinda the point. Loved when I was in middle school and it sounds just as good some 35 + years later.

511%2B7rD9rFL._SX300_.jpg

More of my essential hard rock: Led Z Houses of the Holy....the holy grail...or at least, one of them.

51QvHzLpQWL.jpg

Cheap Trick. I've heard them my whole life (I want you to want me/Live at Budokon.....The Dream Police, Ain't that a Shame, The Flame,  etc.) I did not know they were kicking around as early as '74! Jeeez. One of the groups I always took for granted. They were very influential. This double disc covers a lot of ground. Some of their stuff sounds a little cheesy/pop-but a lot of fun.

61L-NN7gaJL.jpg

I could isten to your music all night long, as it is basically the same exact stuff that I listen too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back