What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 20, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #44,673 of 136,330
salif_keita_7_handosa61.jpg

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #44,678 of 136,330

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

I really forgot how awesome this record is. I'm going to quote MoFi in which they say in perfect truth: "[size=10pt][size=10pt]Countdown to Extinction[/size][size=10pt] merges the best of all worlds—prescient intelligence, outspoken lyrics, crushing energy, memorable riffs, and giant hooks. This is music that’s at once rugged, contagious, and gorgeous. And, to a man, note-perfect."[/size][/size]

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #44,679 of 136,330
Quote:

I really forgot how awesome this record is. I'm going to quote MoFi in which they say in perfect truth: "[size=10pt][size=10pt]Countdown to Extinction[/size][size=10pt] merges the best of all worlds—prescient intelligence, outspoken lyrics, crushing energy, memorable riffs, and giant hooks. This is music that’s at once rugged, contagious, and gorgeous. And, to a man, note-perfect."[/size][/size]

Had to listen to it now. Awesome record indeed 
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #44,681 of 136,330
Quote:

There's always been something about Megadeth that I really like. I have the MoFi disc but haven't listened to it in a while. Maybe it would be time to do so again. I seriously want to get Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? on vinyl...

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

Vinyl. I think it's safe to say that this is my favorite Nightwish album even if Anette lacks everything Tarja brought to the band. The opening track The Poet and the Pendulum is still probably the group's crown achievement. The difference between the vinyl and CD is probably the starkest I've encountered thus far. Whereas both the CD and DVD-A versions are very crushed, the vinyl is clearly based on a much more dynamic hi-res master. The most noteworthy thing about the sound is the incredible clarity which really allows the production to shine. The "fluidity" of the sound is also something I don't think I've ever heard on CD, only on SACD and BD.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #44,682 of 136,330
I'm giving it another listen right now too. Sounds good on my Pioneer and T50rp! 
Quote:
Had to listen to it now. Awesome record indeed 
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #44,683 of 136,330
I also like this nightwish album, but I have the CD and yes, it is crushed baaad. Sucks that they ruined it. I don't own a record player. Anybody know of any digital version available that is mastered well like the vinyl?
Quote:

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

Vinyl. I think it's safe to say that this is my favorite Nightwish album even if Anette lacks everything Tarja brought to the band. The opening track The Poet and the Pendulum is still probably the group's crown achievement. The difference between the vinyl and CD is probably the starkest I've encountered thus far. Whereas both the CD and DVD-A versions are very crushed, the vinyl is clearly based on a much more dynamic hi-res master. The most noteworthy thing about the sound is the incredible clarity which really allows the production to shine. The "fluidity" of the sound is also something I don't think I've ever heard on CD, only on SACD and BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back