What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #43,337 of 136,256
Jul 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #43,338 of 136,256
do. also get "silent shout" it is a masterpiece!  

I checked it out because it is one of the benchmark tracks that PCmag uses to test headphones. I ended up downloading the whole album :).

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #43,339 of 136,256
Quote:
I checked it out because it is one of the benchmark tracks that PCmag uses to test headphones. I ended up downloading the whole album
smily_headphones1.gif

i actually think "silent shout" is the weakest track on the album. it was the album itself that i was talking about which has the same name. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #43,340 of 136,256
Donnie Iris - Love Is Like A Rock

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #43,342 of 136,256
I can already feel the hate flow through the thread.

Naw man, this is a hate free environment. Bublé does have an amazing voice, and great instrumentals.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #43,346 of 136,256
Quote:

BT - ESCM

Holy smokes I just listened to this for the first time with my main speaker setup. Having only previously heard it through headphones I had very little idea as to the sound quality potential this disc contains. I had assumed it would be at its best when heard through headphones because it's specifically stated in the booklet that "This recording is best suited to a pair of Sony MDR-7506 headphones." I don't have that exact model but I was lead to believe this was first and foremost a headphone mix. If it is, I must say that it still sounds absolutely phenomenal through a pair of good floorstanders. Those people who think electronic music needs to be compressed in order to sound good, or think that electronic music has always been compresses will be proven wrong by this album and others like it from the same time period, which would be the mid to late 90s. It is an absolute shame my copy had an awful scratch on it when it arrived as it renders the final track mostly unlistenable on a CD player. The rip I did with EAC took forever but sounds perfectly ok despite not being a perfect rip, so at least there's that.

Musically I prefer BT's debut 今 (Ima), but the sonics on ESCM are just as good if not better than on that wonderful album. Many of the tracks contain bass that goes seriously deep but the amount of bass is always perfectly balanced in the mix. This albums demands to be listened loud but it won't hurt your ears at any point because everything is nice 'n dynamic with plenty of headroom. It's sad to see that some of BT's later albums have fallen to the trend of being excessively loud. I personally have nothing against the use of compressors. It is in fact often an invaluable tool for making things sound good. It could even be said that modern production techniques like side-chain compression are an essential part of modern EDM for obtaining the sound producers seek. It is only when compressor and limiters are used on the stereo bus in excessive amounts for the sole purpose of making things sound LOUD and "commercial" that I don't like it.

End of rant. Time to pick up the next disc I want to listen to.

Edit
Now listening to this. Time to decide which songs I want to discard from my Mac and which ones to keep.

Deafheaven - Sunbather
http://deafheavens.bandcamp.com/album/sunbather

Edit 2
I simply have to listen to this again. This time with headphones. I'm interested to see(/hear) how that changes the experience.

Boris - Flood

Edit 3
Verdict: Not as good as on speakers but still incredible. I'm considering giving this album five stars on Rate Your Music, which is something I've done with less than twenty albums so far out of the 3000+ that I've heard. That being said I might leave it at 4.5 where it sits right now.

Edit 4
Just downloaded this remix for free. It's pretty good. Probably because the original is too.

+1 Miku Hastune - of course for all I can tell this is the backing track for a Japanese hemorrhoid cream commercial.

Someone please tell me it isn't.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #43,347 of 136,256
Quote:
If your'e a Frank Sinatra fan, I think it's hard to listen to Bublé's voice. At least it is for me. Bublé's arrangements are great though.

Theres no comparaison to be made actually to each is time personnally im older a boomer so i like Sinatra ,Martin, Bennett, Cole, ects.and Big Bands also I mean  WOW.  those were the days. but i also like the newer styles gotta keep an open mind.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #43,350 of 136,256
Quote:

Pretty Lights' much anticipated new album. If you haven't heard of this amazing artist, you should know that his production technique is pretty unique. All of the instruments and vocals were recorded directly onto vinyl records, and then sampled. And by the way, all of his albums are free.

http://www.prettylightsmusic.com/therecordlabel/

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back